Thread poster: Khaled Shagrouni
Khaled Shagrouni
Khaled Shagrouni
Canada
Local time: 09:36
Arabic to English
May 26, 2014

Hello all,

I would like to announce a new release of Eazy Po, a translation editor for GNU gettext po files.

Program homepage: http://www.eazypo.ca
Download URL: http://www.eazypo.ca/download/eazypo.zip

Please let me know what do you think of it.

Thanks,
... See more
Hello all,

I would like to announce a new release of Eazy Po, a translation editor for GNU gettext po files.

Program homepage: http://www.eazypo.ca
Download URL: http://www.eazypo.ca/download/eazypo.zip

Please let me know what do you think of it.

Thanks,

Khaled
Collapse

Xenoglossy
Xenoglossy
Local time: 14:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
... May 27, 2014

Not bad, I see that there is a source code parser included which is something I always wanted.
Do you plan to include support for TMX translation memories, TBX glossaries, export the files to XLIFF documents, etc? The idea is to be 100% compatible with the industry standards.

Regards

Khaled Shagrouni
Khaled Shagrouni
Canada
Arabic to English
TOPIC STARTER
Future releases will support other file formats May 27, 2014

Thanks AGV,

Future releases will support other file formats (export/import), these include XML family files and the other formats used in software localization such as .strings, .properties and .resx.

Best wishes

Cem Bekis
Cem Bekis
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Very nice software Sep 23, 2014

Hello, Khaled.

Congratulations.

Very nice software indeed and very promising.

Of course, it is not complete yet and needs features but the features it already has makes it more useful than the famous softwares (at some points).

One of the new features can be:
we can import text from a docx file, but it can be very nice if we can export the translation as docx file also.

I am not experienced in parsing text from resource fil
... See more
Hello, Khaled.

Congratulations.

Very nice software indeed and very promising.

Of course, it is not complete yet and needs features but the features it already has makes it more useful than the famous softwares (at some points).

One of the new features can be:
we can import text from a docx file, but it can be very nice if we can export the translation as docx file also.

I am not experienced in parsing text from resource files so I want to ask you the following question:

If we parse text from let's say a php file, we can get a pot file and we can translate it, but how can we add this translation to the php file we used for the parsing again?

Do you have any plan to release a .deb version of EazyPo? This can be wonderful.

I wish you success with your brilliant software.

Regards

[Edited at 2014-09-24 10:41 GMT]
Collapse

Khaled Shagrouni
Khaled Shagrouni
Canada
Arabic to English
TOPIC STARTER
Eazy Po next features Sep 24, 2014

Thank you Cem for your kind words.

Currently EazyPo read the text form docx files regardless of the text format. I think the next step is to find a way to preserve the text formats (font, size, color, paragraph type, ext.) when exporting the translation back to a docx file.
If we parse text from let's say a php file, we can... See more
Thank you Cem for your kind words.

Currently EazyPo read the text form docx files regardless of the text format. I think the next step is to find a way to preserve the text formats (font, size, color, paragraph type, ext.) when exporting the translation back to a docx file.
If we parse text from let's say a php file, we can get a pot file and we can translate it, but how can we add this translation to the php file we used for the parsing again?

If I understand you question well, I don’t know how php echo system works, but usually you first prepare your source file by wrapping the translatable strings in a special functions that the parser (like xgetext) can understand and produce a pot file which is a list of translatable strings, the translation then saved as .po/ .mo file. This file will be part of the program and will be used whenever those special functions called.
Do you have any plan to release a .deb version of EazyPo? This can be wonderful.

If you mean by .deb one of Debian linux destributens; then the answer will be: Not in the near future.

Best regards
Collapse

Cem Bekis
Cem Bekis
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Thank you for your reply Oct 13, 2014

Hello Khaled

what I meant is:

for last 2 php scripts I translated, they were using normal php files as language files, they were not using .po/.mo files in their system.

So, it can be a nice feature if you can implement exporting the translation as resource files also. Meaning, if I parse and import a php resource file, I must be able to export it back to php again.

Thank you

Khaled Shagrouni
Khaled Shagrouni
Canada
Arabic to English
TOPIC STARTER
PHP Resource Files Oct 13, 2014

Hi Cem

Parsing the source files to produce .Po is done by xgetext tools, and hence Eazy Po is just an interface to these tools.

Eazy Po can export the translation to different file formats (TMX, TBX, XLIFF, QT TS, HTML, ..) using predefined templates (Menu: Export->Using template..), among these templates are: PHP arrays and PHP Define statements files. You can also define your own templates.

It would be nice if you refer me to a sample to PHP resource file
... See more
Hi Cem

Parsing the source files to produce .Po is done by xgetext tools, and hence Eazy Po is just an interface to these tools.

Eazy Po can export the translation to different file formats (TMX, TBX, XLIFF, QT TS, HTML, ..) using predefined templates (Menu: Export->Using template..), among these templates are: PHP arrays and PHP Define statements files. You can also define your own templates.

It would be nice if you refer me to a sample to PHP resource files you mentioned; so I can investigate. I may come with a way to extract translatable strings directly from the resource files.

Cheers
Khaled
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Editor for .po Files. Need your feedback

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »