Paolo Troiani  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:26
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 1, 2017

Hello,

All of sudden, SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP2 doesn't open and gets stuck.
The interface is not even opening, totally blank.
I have a 20K pending project and of course, due tomorrow.
Any quick help?

Thanks

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:26
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Reboot/reset Aug 1, 2017

Hi Paolo,

Assuming you have rebooted your system, and that didn't help, I think I would try a reset of Studio. Some file must have gotten corrupted. By renaming these files, Studio will create new/default ones:
https://gateway.sdl.com/articles/SolutionArticles/000001417

Make sure you know where you save your projects and other files (such as tm's
... See more
Hi Paolo,

Assuming you have rebooted your system, and that didn't help, I think I would try a reset of Studio. Some file must have gotten corrupted. By renaming these files, Studio will create new/default ones:
https://gateway.sdl.com/articles/SolutionArticles/000001417

Make sure you know where you save your projects and other files (such as tm's), because after the reset, Studio won't show any projects. You will have to open them by navigating to their location.

Hope this helps.
Collapse

Paolo Troiani
Paolo Troiani  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:26
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Now it goes for the first time set up wizard, and then it gets stuck again Aug 1, 2017

Thanks for your reply Lianne,

I followed those suggestions and renamed those folders.
Unfortunately still no solutions.
This time it starts the first time set up wizard, and then the same thing happens: blank screen and studio gets stuck.

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:26
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
More suggestions Aug 1, 2017

Hi Paolo,

Sorry to hear that didn't work. Just know that you can rename the old folders back and delete the newly created ones if you want.

I recently had to solve issues with Studio and the steps that were suggested and I
... See more
Hi Paolo,

Sorry to hear that didn't work. Just know that you can rename the old folders back and delete the newly created ones if you want.

I recently had to solve issues with Studio and the steps that were suggested and I tried can be found here:
https://community.sdl.com/solutions/language/translationproductivity/f/90/t/12669

So maybe you get your files renamed back and try a repair of Studio?
I am not an expert on this but my issues had to do with my profile and were resolved. I started with a reset version and followed specific steps to install my plugins again.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URGENT: SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP2 doesn't open and gets stuck

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »