Converting .txlf to .txml
Thread poster: HelloMissFriday
HelloMissFriday
HelloMissFriday
Hong Kong
Apr 2, 2017

Hi all,

I am a new user of Wordfast pro 4, I used it to do the translation from client (.idml.txml), however, when I am trying to save the file it became .txlf, which is not recognised by the system.

Is there any way I can do to convert the file?

Thanks!!

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 06:28
Save as Translated Apr 3, 2017

Hi,

Since you used WF4 with TXML file it converts them into WF4 format TXLF. What you need to do is go to File menu in Editor and use Save as Translated option. If you are on Project Files menu use Cleanup option to generate TXML file.
TXML file is used by Wordfast Pro 3.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

HelloMissFriday wrote:

Hi all,

I am a new user of Wordfast pro 4, I used it to do the translation from client (.idml.txml), however, when I am trying to save the file it became .txlf, which is not recognised by the system.

Is there any way I can do to convert the file?

Thanks!!

Jungah Ahn
Bruno Carminati
morgan Bae

Nevin Ibrahim
Nevin Ibrahim
Local time: 14:28
Arabic to English
+ ...
Another question Jun 6, 2018

I receive files in TXLF format. How can I convert them to TXML to open with WF3?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »