Starting off as a Freelancer after being in the Industry for 13 years!
Thread poster: Ayoub Hassan
Ayoub Hassan
Ayoub Hassan  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 15:39
English to Hindi
+ ...
Apr 8, 2021

Ayoub Hassan, here.

I have been using Proz for quite some time now. I’ll keep this brief! 😊

I have been in the Translation industry for 13+ years, handling Translation Projects, File Engineering roles handling localization projects, also Trained in-house translators on SDL Tools, worked with PMs, Translators, and clients from almost all over the world in my stint in this lovely industry so far. I have worked with some brilliant Translators throughout my time so far
... See more
Ayoub Hassan, here.

I have been using Proz for quite some time now. I’ll keep this brief! 😊

I have been in the Translation industry for 13+ years, handling Translation Projects, File Engineering roles handling localization projects, also Trained in-house translators on SDL Tools, worked with PMs, Translators, and clients from almost all over the world in my stint in this lovely industry so far. I have worked with some brilliant Translators throughout my time so far, most of whom have been working with me still, in a way. I also have some ex-colleagues who still back my work and expertise and in touch with me through LinkedIn.

I am now looking to start off as a Freelancer myself. I might possibly look into managing a Translators’ team myself someday, but for now just planning on starting off as a Freelancer to see how things fare.

I’m all ears to any suggestions/advice you guys can pass on.

Cheers!
Ayoub Hassan.
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:09
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Ayoub Hassan Apr 8, 2021

With your 13 year experience you’re probably better prepared than most of us were when we started, but you say nothing about your qualifications as a translator. I know of some translators who are also good PMs, but I, for one, though I’m a good translator I’d make a lousy PM…

Jorge Payan
expressisverbis
Thayenga

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Starting off as a Freelancer after being in the Industry for 13 years!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »