Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
The Angriest Email I've Sent in a While, or Whether I Should Choose to Work for Free
Thread poster: Lincoln Hui
Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:53
French to English
. Feb 15, 2021

Lincoln Hui wrote:

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

... I don't know why I bothered. Nor do I know why a dozen or so people bothered trying to empathise with you. Especially as just about every post was met with a "No, but ...", "No, not that either ...", "No, you've got it totally wrong" etc. Just don't expect a mad rush to sympathise next time. Netiquette? Yeah, right.

And just what on earth are you on about?

[Edited at 2021-02-05 03:01 GMT]

In his own inimitable style which has earned him quite the reputation round here, Mervyn is asking for an update, while simultaneously demonstrating his frustration at trying to help someone on this forum who doesn't bother to let us know the upshot, whys and wherefores.

P.L.F. Persio
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Zibow Retailleau
writeaway
expressisverbis
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
What exactly and Why on earth Feb 16, 2021

What exactly am I so worked up about? Me, worked up? It was you that was worked up about something in the first place, remember?

The Why on earth is Why on earth do you find it so annoying that I ask about a dénouement which, I reiterate, you have still not revealed to those who tried to help you, or at least sympathised with you?

If you don't want to tell us, then don't, but shout at your customer, please, or don't shout at your customer, but don't you dare shout at
... See more
What exactly am I so worked up about? Me, worked up? It was you that was worked up about something in the first place, remember?

The Why on earth is Why on earth do you find it so annoying that I ask about a dénouement which, I reiterate, you have still not revealed to those who tried to help you, or at least sympathised with you?

If you don't want to tell us, then don't, but shout at your customer, please, or don't shout at your customer, but don't you dare shout at me in your eternal, incomprehensible rudeness. I might not be the best ethical model, but if someone listens to me on the forums, I don't end up shouting at them, because why would I?

Every single post of yours, if memory serves me right, is to carp, to complain, to dig at people, to make snide remarks, but never to help, but you also feel you have licence to shout at people who were sympathetic to someone who never ever gives a helping hand to anyone else.

You could say "sorry" and/or "thanks" to those people, but I think those two words stick in your craw, so better to crawl back into your cage.

By this point, given your attitude, I think it's safe to say that nobody gives one single, solitary bugger what happened anyway.

Thanks, Kay.
Collapse

P.L.F. Persio
Zibow Retailleau
Christopher Schröder
writeaway
expressisverbis
Nadine Michelle Ducca

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:53
Member (2004)
English to Italian
the necro stuff... Feb 16, 2021

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

If you don't want to tell us, then don't, but shout at your customer, please, or don't shout at your customer, but don't you dare shout at me in your eternal, incomprehensible rudeness. I might not be the best ethical model, but if someone listens to me on the forums, I don't end up shouting at them, because why would I?

Every single post of yours, if memory serves me right, is to carp, to complain, to dig at people, to make snide remarks, but never to help, but you also feel you have licence to shout at people who were sympathetic to someone who never ever gives a helping hand to anyone else.

You could say "sorry" and/or "thanks" to those people, but I think those two words stick in your craw, so better to crawl back into your cage.

By this point, given your attitude, I think it's safe to say that nobody gives one single, solitary bugger what happened anyway.

Thanks, Kay.

has restarted... so, someone has offended him...

P.L.F. Persio
Mervyn Henderson (X)
writeaway
expressisverbis

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 23:53
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
. Feb 18, 2021

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

Thanks, Kay.

You shouldn't shout like this on a professional forum. If any site rules are broken, you are certainly free to report them to the moderators.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
So ... Feb 18, 2021

... what happened in the end?

expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Still waiting Feb 19, 2021

Still waiting. All agog here. Thirsting for your feedback. Did you win or did you lose?

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
And ... Feb 19, 2021

... how did Angry E-mail Syndrome work out for you? I know you're busy with undertakings various - or reverse undertakings, really - but when you get a moment we're all gagging to know. We'll be here, so feel free to swing by whenever you can.

Matthias Brombach
expressisverbis

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Maybe... Feb 19, 2021

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

... how did Angry E-mail Syndrome work out for you? I know you're busy with undertakings various - or reverse undertakings, really - but when you get a moment we're all gagging to know. We'll be here, so feel free to swing by whenever you can.

we will have to wait another 12 years...

Mervyn Henderson (X)
P.L.F. Persio
Matthias Brombach

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
We're ... Feb 20, 2021

... still here, you know. At least a dozen or so people aching to know what happened in the end. Did you kick butt? Was your butt kicked? Either way, we need the info to enlighten us, and help us deal with difficult customers. Let us into your mind, and tell us how you handled it. Tell us if you handled it softly or roughly. Tell us about the outcome. Was it a huge rush in the end? Or just a little trickle? We won't judge you.

P.L.F. Persio
expressisverbis

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
I don't think... Feb 20, 2021

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

... still here, you know. At least a dozen or so people aching to know what happened in the end. Did you kick butt? Was your butt kicked? Either way, we need the info to enlighten us, and help us deal with difficult customers. Let us into your mind, and tell us how you handled it. Tell us if you handled it softly or roughly. Tell us about the outcome. Was it a huge rush in the end? Or just a little trickle? We won't judge you.

...he wants to interact with the white masters anymore.

P.L.F. Persio
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Matthias Brombach
expressisverbis

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
White masters Feb 20, 2021

White-knuckled masters, you mean, maybe, Giovanni ...

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Nope... Feb 21, 2021

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

White-knuckled masters, you mean, maybe, Giovanni ...

white masters having a go at the "yellows"... or so he says...

P.L.F. Persio

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dear ... Feb 22, 2021

... Mr Lincoln Hui,

Apparently if I address you specifically, I might have a better chance of getting a response. Is that the way it works?

So, any updates for us? Any exciting developments? Go on, spit it out. You can tell us. Or what was the point to all this?

Matthias Brombach
P.L.F. Persio

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The Angriest Email I've Sent in a While, or Whether I Should Choose to Work for Free

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »