Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:10
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Dec 9, 2019

Hello

Jost Zetzsche's e-mail newsletter for this month mentions the online CAT tool Termsoup, which has been around since 2016.

Termsoup is aimed mostly at book translators, but appears to have many of the basic functions that one would expect from a CAT tool. Project management
... See more
Hello

Jost Zetzsche's e-mail newsletter for this month mentions the online CAT tool Termsoup, which has been around since 2016.

Termsoup is aimed mostly at book translators, but appears to have many of the basic functions that one would expect from a CAT tool. Project management and collaboration seems easy enough. It's a bit expensive... it'll set a team consisting of a translator, editor and second proofreader back around EUR 50 per month!

I've had a quick look around and it looks quite good (but, as Jost also said, a little mouse-heavy). One thing I've discovered after a while is that most of the little icons are not just eye candy but actually have a function, and that clicking them reveals a lot of features that are not otherwise immediately apparent.

Does anyone have experience using this CAT tool for actual translations?

Thanks
Samuel
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Campbell Dec 9, 2019

Hi Samuel,

Perhaps you can post a screenshot here:

https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/338258-first_look_at_the_user_interfaces_of_several_cat_tools.html

I'd be interested to see how Termsoup looks.

Cheers,

Hans

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:10
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mmm Mmm Good Dec 9, 2019

Hans Lenting wrote:
Perhaps you can post a screenshot ... I'd be interested to see how Termsoup looks.

Okay, here you go:
https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/338258-first_look_at_the_user_interfaces_of_several_cat_tools-page2.html#2822576

Elias Seidel
Elias Seidel
United States
Local time: 12:10
English to Portuguese
Ease of use Jan 7, 2020

I have been "playing" with Termsoup for a while now. It is very ease to use and has an elegant interface without unnecessary icon or features that you will never use or rarely. What amazes me more it's how easy and fast you build a glossary. I still have more to find out, but gotta say this, the software has already caught my attention by its extremely easy interface and functionality.

Elias

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Termsoup CAT tool

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »