Thread poster: freezone (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
Quarantining backwards Jan 30, 2021

"I feel under house arrest, but when this is over I'm going to quarantine backwards - 15 days without going home!"

That's so funny, Exy! Your white-booted neighbour seems to do a lot of that already ...

Matthias Brombach
P.L.F. Persio
expressisverbis

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
As these questions are still unanswered... Jan 30, 2021

Tom in London wrote:

prove it by answering the following questions:

Where did I grew up?
Who did I know?
What did I see?
What did I hear?
Where did I go?
Where did I not go?
Why didn't I go there?
What did I feel when I did or didn't?

...we should consider Thomas to ask his neighbours living next to him out there in the east of Germany for that job. They were and some of them still are experts in sniffing "The Lives of Others"* and perhaps can make alive earlier contacts they had in NI and London (if our friend ever lives in London, but they'll find it out) before 1989.
My neighbours here around my flat would only know all the details about my life. Details even I don't and didn't know. But they like your posts, Mervyn

Leben_der_anderen

P.L.F. Persio
Angie Garbarino
Thomas T. Frost
expressisverbis
Mervyn Henderson (X)

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
AstraZeneca EMA approval Jan 30, 2021

Tom in London wrote:

Angie Garbarino wrote:

Matthias Brombach wrote:

isn't the vaccine that Tom was given recommended only for people of age between 18 and 65 years, as I have read in the Kieler Nachrichten today?

Also in the Italian Newspapers and TV "AstraZeneca not recommended after 65 because experimentation was not sufficient"

[Edited at 2021-01-29 08:26 GMT]

There is information coming from all sides about the various vaccines. Some of it is serious, peer-reviewed, and credible but most of it is not. Some people are prepared to believe anything. For serious information I recommend this website:

https://tinyurl.com/y3nqojbq

So, EMA approved it also for over 65 even if stating again there is not sufficient experimentation for over 55, it seems "better than nothing" (over 55).

[Edited at 2021-01-30 09:52 GMT]

expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
The UE Jan 30, 2021

Angie Garbarino wrote:

So, EMA approved it also for over 65 even if stating again there is not sufficient experimentation for over 55, it seems "better than nothing" (over 55).

Some interesting U-turns from the EU right now! Politics seems increasingly like a school playground.

Only time will tell how effective it will be in older people. But at least we know it’s safe, seeing as we’ve jabbed several million now already. They just need to make some more, fast.

Angie Garbarino
expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio
Mervyn Henderson (X)

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:34
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Kudos to the industry Jan 30, 2021

Chris S wrote:
They just need to make some more, fast.

Agree totally, but that's non-trivial. Ramping production of a new product to scale is fraught with problems even when manufacturing inanimate objects. When you consider the massively compressed time scale and the fact that they're dealing with the additional complication of manipulating living organisms rather than materials like steel or plastic - well. I'm just full of admiration for the way the pharma supply chain has gone from zero to, well, if not 100, at least to 60 in the space of a year. Including development! It's astonishing. I think it's easy to overlook how much of an achievement this is. How many people genuinely believed, in January last year, that this was possible? I suspect that I was typical in that I was very, very skeptical, and I, like many others, was wrong.

Dan

P.L.F. Persio
Angie Garbarino
Christopher Schröder
Matthias Brombach
expressisverbis
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I'm not so funny as you :) Jan 30, 2021

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

"I feel under house arrest, but when this is over I'm going to quarantine backwards - 15 days without going home!"

That's so funny, Exy! Your white-booted neighbour seems to do a lot of that already ...

Yes, she has been rehearsing her "samba" for the Day of Carnival in 2022.

P.L.F. Persio

Baran Keki
Baran Keki  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 14:34
English to Turkish
At the risk of straying from the topic and getting my post deleted... Jan 31, 2021

Jo Macdonald wrote:

playing the bass when not totally mesmerized by somethin or restin up

Are you a Rickenbacker man by any chance? What's your rig?

Christopher Schröder

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Me too Jan 31, 2021

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

Under arrest in Italy again, since I came in November with my negative test for helping my infected son, so when all this will be over I plan not seeing Italy for at least 4 months.

expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Fender Jan 31, 2021

Precision with La Bella flatwounds into a 15 inch Rumble

You?

Baran Keki wrote:

Jo Macdonald wrote:

Christopher Schröder

Baran Keki
Türkiye
English to Turkish
P-bass Jan 31, 2021

Jo Macdonald wrote:

Precision with La Bella flatwounds into a 15 inch Rumble

You?

Baran Keki wrote:

Jo Macdonald wrote:

Got a Squier classic vibe precision (Rotosound roundwounds), and a Spector (D'addario flatwounds), and a 8" Line 6, nothing fancy. I don't consider myself a bassist at all
For some reason you struck me as a Rickenbacker player, don't ask me why
I keep hearing about those La Bella flatwounds (they must sound nice on a P-bass), sadly they're not sold in Turkey.

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
As low as you can go daddyoh Jan 31, 2021

The La Bellas are nice, the 760fls not "heavy" at all. As low as you can go I reckon, deep talkin bassville daddyoh
Mine's the same CV 70s, really nice bass, super low action great tone, just started playing music again after years distracted by adventure sports surfing that sort of thing. Got D'addario chrome flats on the acoustic guitar, bust one almost out of the pack though.

Can still play OK when not mesmerized, which I kinda don't know when will be, then it's like woah p
... See more
The La Bellas are nice, the 760fls not "heavy" at all. As low as you can go I reckon, deep talkin bassville daddyoh
Mine's the same CV 70s, really nice bass, super low action great tone, just started playing music again after years distracted by adventure sports surfing that sort of thing. Got D'addario chrome flats on the acoustic guitar, bust one almost out of the pack though.

Can still play OK when not mesmerized, which I kinda don't know when will be, then it's like woah put that guitar down son before they run your sick ass outta this one-horse town

Reckon this must be the low-key version of the bug, some of the folks in the village have had the nasty one, high fever, trouble breathing but everyone's got through it so far. Must've got just a lil bit, very flu-like, I've had nastier flu, can totally see why some folks would walk about not realising they were sick, last two days upper chest felt like I'd smoked a packet of woodbines backwards but better today, physically exercise is a bit weird, can work out like muscle stuff no problem but out of breath if climbing the stairs too quick, mostly it's just realising I've been staring at the same bathroom tile for half and hour, which I think is fever kicking in as my immune system stomps bug butt, not taking anything to lower that cause viruses don't do well at high temps and that's the way the body fights it first week anyway. Sleeping is good even an hour. All good and going according to plan so far. Slowing down now, laterz
Collapse

P.L.F. Persio
Christopher Schröder
Angie Garbarino
Mervyn Henderson (X)
expressisverbis

Baran Keki
Türkiye
English to Turkish
Bummer Jan 31, 2021

Jo Macdonald wrote:

Reckon this must be the low-key version of the bug, some of the folks in the village have had the nasty one, high fever, trouble breathing but everyone's got through it so far. Must've got just a lil bit, very flu-like, I've had nastier flu, can totally see why some folks would walk about not realising they were sick, last two days upper chest felt like I'd smoked a packet of woodbines backwards but better today, physically exercise is a bit weird, can work out like muscle stuff no problem but out of breath if climbing the stairs too quick, mostly it's just realising I've been staring at the same bathroom tile for half and hour, which I think is fever kicking in as my immune system stomps bug butt, not taking anything to lower that cause viruses don't do well at high temps and that's the way the body fights it first week anyway. Sleeping is good even an hour. All good and going according to plan so far. Slowing down now, laterz

I hope you get well soon mate.

P.L.F. Persio
Mervyn Henderson (X)
expressisverbis

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
You Likely Don’t Need a Fourth Covid Shot Mar 29, 2022

If you have had three doses of a mRNA vaccine, the following Wall Street Journal article says that you do not need a fourth dose unless you are at a high risk group. The author is a consultant to the... See more
If you have had three doses of a mRNA vaccine, the following Wall Street Journal article says that you do not need a fourth dose unless you are at a high risk group. The author is a consultant to the World Health Organization.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/you-likely-dont-need-a-fourth-covid-shot-booster-dose-pfizer-moderna-vaccine-omicron-ba-2-ba2-11648498217?st=w39mcclvmjimppg&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink
Collapse

Gerard Barry

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Probably Mar 29, 2022

That's probably likely. It's likely to be probable.

[Edited at 2022-03-29 11:39 GMT]

Angie Garbarino
Christopher Schröder

Gerard Barry
Gerard Barry
Germany
German to English
. Mar 30, 2022

ATIL KAYHAN wrote:

If you have had three doses of a mRNA vaccine, the following Wall Street Journal article says that you do not need a fourth dose unless you are at a high risk group. The author is a consultant to the World Health Organization.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/you-likely-dont-need-a-fourth-covid-shot-booster-dose-pfizer-moderna-vaccine-omicron-ba-2-ba2-11648498217?st=w39mcclvmjimppg&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

I would say most people didn't need three doses, or even two. I got one dose of Moderna (I didn't actually want it but the German state was treating the "unvaccinated" like dirt so I caved in) and then tested positive for Covid two weeks later. No more doses for me! This idea that everyone needed to be vaccinated against Covid was rubbish from the beginning. Our bodies, our choice.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Impact of COVID 19 Pandemic to you

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »