Constant errors in contact forms - any idea why?
Thread poster: Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:55
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jul 25, 2020

I am doing some marketing this weekend, and have recently noticed a strange trend. Some agencies ask us to send out CV and information through a special contact form rather than by e-mail. The problem is that many of these forms end up producing an error message when I try to send the form. What could be happening? I get all kinds of errors, from 404 to 503 (Forbidden) to things I have never heard of. Once it even said 'This domain name is for sale'.Has anyone else had this problem?
And in
... See more
I am doing some marketing this weekend, and have recently noticed a strange trend. Some agencies ask us to send out CV and information through a special contact form rather than by e-mail. The problem is that many of these forms end up producing an error message when I try to send the form. What could be happening? I get all kinds of errors, from 404 to 503 (Forbidden) to things I have never heard of. Once it even said 'This domain name is for sale'.Has anyone else had this problem?
And in some cases there is only Outlook as a solution and I don't know how to use it. Why don't agencies stick to simple e-mail as they did in the past?
And some use Google for communication, but I have a very serious problem with my account.
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:55
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Paul Jul 26, 2020

Paul Dixon wrote:
Many of these forms end up producing an error message when I try to send the form.

Yes, that is a known phenomenon. The only things you can try, is to use a different browser, or (if you have a VPN) change the location that you're sending the form from.

And in some cases there is only Outlook as a solution...

I don't know what you mean by that. Outlook is an e-mail program, isn't it?

And some use Google for communication, but I have a very serious problem with my account.

Can't you get a second Gmail account, and then just forward all your mail from that account to your main account?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Constant errors in contact forms - any idea why?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »