Thread poster: MollyRose
MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 20, 2018

I am using MemoQ Translator Pro 8.4, 30-day trial. So far, pretty good. (I'm used to Trados Studio.) I have finished translating my first project, have all my segments confirmed, and now I can´t find the way to create a package (or whatever the terminology is in MemoQ) to send to my colleague for review. We always exchange packages with each other for review, and then we (as translator) look at the tracked changes and accept or reject each one.

Is this not possible in Transla
... See more
I am using MemoQ Translator Pro 8.4, 30-day trial. So far, pretty good. (I'm used to Trados Studio.) I have finished translating my first project, have all my segments confirmed, and now I can´t find the way to create a package (or whatever the terminology is in MemoQ) to send to my colleague for review. We always exchange packages with each other for review, and then we (as translator) look at the tracked changes and accept or reject each one.

Is this not possible in Translator Pro? Must we have the project manager version (and if so, can we do everything in that version that we can in Translator Pro)?

Surely there's a way for us to review each other's work in MemoQ. We shouldn't have to export to Word for external review when we both have MemoQ. If we can't create a package, can we just e-mail the project, let them review with track changes on, and they send it back so we can see their changes?

In case you need to know: We don't need to share our TM or TB with each other. I already exported and shared mine with them when they came on board, and we continually build our own TM and TB, including leveraging off of each other's translations as we review them.
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:39
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Two possibilities Jun 21, 2018

What works for me is to export bilingual files: you can export a Bilingual memoQ file (MWXLIFF) either for individual files or for a view created with the files you need your colleague to review. This XLIFF file can be processed with other CAT tools.

Another possibility is, if the colleague does not have memoQ or a CAT tool that takes XLIFF files, to export a two-column bilingual file in RTF format the other person can review (even with review marks) in Microsoft Word or a similar t
... See more
What works for me is to export bilingual files: you can export a Bilingual memoQ file (MWXLIFF) either for individual files or for a view created with the files you need your colleague to review. This XLIFF file can be processed with other CAT tools.

Another possibility is, if the colleague does not have memoQ or a CAT tool that takes XLIFF files, to export a two-column bilingual file in RTF format the other person can review (even with review marks) in Microsoft Word or a similar tool.

Once the review is finished, you can easily import the result back into memoQ, both as views of several files or as individual files.

I hope this helps a bit!
Collapse

Gusztáv Jánvári

MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Tomás Jun 21, 2018

I tried your first suggestion (after finding how to export). It didn´t save as MWXLIFF (MQXLIFF?) but as MQXLZ. I e-mailed it to the reviewer and he was able to import and review it. It's really nice when things work right!

I also was able to "export" it back in Word. I didn't try importing it back in my MemoQ because he only found one error, which he told me. The program had put CALIFICACIÓN instead of GRADO f
... See more
I tried your first suggestion (after finding how to export). It didn´t save as MWXLIFF (MQXLIFF?) but as MQXLZ. I e-mailed it to the reviewer and he was able to import and review it. It's really nice when things work right!

I also was able to "export" it back in Word. I didn't try importing it back in my MemoQ because he only found one error, which he told me. The program had put CALIFICACIÓN instead of GRADO for "GRADE" in one segment, and I had overlooked that. But I expect the next time we do that, import should work fine.

Thanks again for your help!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to create a "local" package to be reviewed

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »