Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:10
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 23, 2018

Hello,

I'm working on a file with a lot of formatting tags. I've received an sdlppx package and I've translated it as usual.

I've tried to preview the translated file but it seems impossible. Maybe as it is an sdl file.

Now, the source file has a lot of formatting, such as bold + different font size, which should be kept.

In Studio you can see the source segment as it really shows (such as the font size and colour, etc.) while I can't see it i
... See more
Hello,

I'm working on a file with a lot of formatting tags. I've received an sdlppx package and I've translated it as usual.

I've tried to preview the translated file but it seems impossible. Maybe as it is an sdl file.

Now, the source file has a lot of formatting, such as bold + different font size, which should be kept.

In Studio you can see the source segment as it really shows (such as the font size and colour, etc.) while I can't see it in MemoQ.

I'm sure there is a way to view at least segment by segment how it will show the final translated source file. Or at least a way to view what the tags mean?

This would be useful if you have to change the word sequence in a segment so that the right translated term is well formatted as in source.

Thanks
Lucia
Collapse

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 15:10
German to English
+ ...
View pane Oct 26, 2018

Have you tried the "view pane"?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ 8.4 - How to view formatted text while translating

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »