Thread poster: Véronique Dup*
Véronique Dup*
Véronique Dup*
Local time: 14:52
Spanish to French
+ ...
May 12, 2020

Hello,

I know that we can claim for jobs manually on the platform, but I would like to know if it is possible to use automation to look for or to claim new jobs on the portal for linguists. Do linguists have this option? Where can we find this option on the portal? Is it possible to activate or deactivate if even if we have no jobs at the moment?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best Regards,

Marina Steinbach
Marina Steinbach
United States
Local time: 09:52
Member (2011)
English to German
Memsource / Automation May 13, 2020

Hi Véronique,

I am not sure what you mean by 'automation'.

When I am not at my desktop, I use the Memsource Mobile app to see if there are new jobs. I have been advised that this app would allow me to claim and complete jobs faster. Is this what you are referring to?

Kind regards,
Marina

Véronique Dup*
Véronique Dup*
Local time: 14:52
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
use of scripts to receive alerts May 13, 2020

Apparently, some translators are able to use scripts to receive automatic alerts when a job is posted. This way, you don't need to claim for a new job "manually". This penalize other translators who work for the same company, because the translators that received alerts can claim for jobs faster and it is not fair.

Marina Steinbach
Marina Steinbach
United States
Local time: 09:52
Member (2011)
English to German
I hope they will stop people from using these scripts soon. May 13, 2020

Good morning Véronique,

As a linguist we do not have a lot of possibilities in Memsource, I assume. A project manager wouldn’t even need to use a script, but could assign the projects directly to his or her friends.

Since the COVID-19 pandemic began and nearly stopped tourism, I noticed a significant drop in new jobs. In my language pair, I used to pick 2 jobs per day. Now there are no new jobs, although there should be hundreds each second…

I hope the
... See more
Good morning Véronique,

As a linguist we do not have a lot of possibilities in Memsource, I assume. A project manager wouldn’t even need to use a script, but could assign the projects directly to his or her friends.

Since the COVID-19 pandemic began and nearly stopped tourism, I noticed a significant drop in new jobs. In my language pair, I used to pick 2 jobs per day. Now there are no new jobs, although there should be hundreds each second…

I hope they will stop people from using these scripts soon, because this situation is killing me financially...

Regards,
Marina

[Edited at 2020-05-13 13:51 GMT]
Collapse

Serena Todesco (X)

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Memsource linguist portal - automation to look and claim for new jobs

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »