Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Powwow: Montreal - Canada

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Montreal - Canada".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Isabelle Struk-Thibert
Isabelle Struk-Thibert  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:40
French to English
+ ...
Where is it? Jun 3, 2018

Yes, somewhere near a metro would be gladly appreciated.

Germaine wrote:

You were talking about holding the powwow in Brossard. It is a nightmare right now to drive to the South Shore. I would appreciate a location nearby a metro or at least on the Island. Did you receive any comments from other attendees on this matter? What is your final choice?

Sylvie Chartier
Sylvie Chartier  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
Venue Jun 6, 2018

Has a venue been decided yet? I think the island would be best as subway and buses are all over. Please let me know as soon as it's decided. I will be on vacation from the 12th to the 19th as my daughter is visiting the DR from Alberta and I'm flying to Canada on the 19th and will get back to my emails on the 20th.

Ynes Mouche
Ynes Mouche  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
Venue choosen Jun 6, 2018

Hi all,

Finally I was able to choose a venue. As Germaine asked, I received no proposition from anybody except from her.
I went to the Club Espagnol du Québec where the last Powwow in Montreal was organized 7 years ago, but it is not really accessible and someone made the request to have an accessible place. So, I found a wonderful place just opposite that Club and the name of the Restaurant is Aldea Cuisine Portugaise. You can Google it and you will be able to see where it is l
... See more
Hi all,

Finally I was able to choose a venue. As Germaine asked, I received no proposition from anybody except from her.
I went to the Club Espagnol du Québec where the last Powwow in Montreal was organized 7 years ago, but it is not really accessible and someone made the request to have an accessible place. So, I found a wonderful place just opposite that Club and the name of the Restaurant is Aldea Cuisine Portugaise. You can Google it and you will be able to see where it is located.
The nearest subways are Sherbrooke and Mont Royal. There is paid parking for those who would love to come with their car.
I met with the owner and tried to see if there could be a group discount. Usually, the prices range from 35 CAD to 45, 60 CAD, depending on the menu. If we are at least 20, we could pay 30 CAD per person. To give you an overview of the menu, there will be vegetable soup or mussels with garlic soup or squid with garlic soup + grilled or cod fish or veal or chicken or duck or pork + desserts + espresso or regular coffee. WIFI is free.
Payment methods: VISA, MASTERCARD, INTERAC
If you are still interested, Please do confirm your attendance.
We might need people who will volunteer in taking photos and in writing our report.
I look forward to seeing you all there.
Thanks,
Ynes

[Edited at 2018-06-06 17:28 GMT]
Collapse

Ynes Mouche
Canada
English to French
Venue Jun 6, 2018

Sylvie Chartier wrote:

Has a venue been decided yet? I think the island would be best as subway and buses are all over. Please let me know as soon as it's decided. I will be on vacation from the 12th to the 19th as my daughter is visiting the DR from Alberta and I'm flying to Canada on the 19th and will get back to my emails on the 20th.

Hi Sylvie,
Yes, the venue has been decided.
It will be at Restaurant Aldea Cuisine Portugaise, address: 4403 Boul. St Laurent Montréal (Québec) H2W 1Z8.
Please confirm your attendance if you had not yet done it.
Thanks

Ynes Mouche
Canada
English to French
Where is it? Jun 6, 2018

Isabelle Struk-Thibert wrote:

Yes, somewhere near a metro would be gladly appreciated.

Germaine wrote:

Hi Isabelle,

New Venue, Restaurant Aldea Cuisine Portugaise, address: 4403 Boul. St Laurent Montréal (Québec) H2W 1Z8.
Nearest metros: Sherbrooke and Mont-Royal
Please confirm your attendance if you had not yet done it.
Thanks

You were talking about holding the powwow in Brossard. It is a nightmare right now to drive to the South Shore. I would appreciate a location nearby a metro or at least on the Island. Did you receive any comments from other attendees on this matter? What is your final choice?

Ynes Mouche
Canada
English to French
Where is it? Jun 6, 2018

Germaine wrote:

Hi Germaine,

Sorry for the late reply, I had to find the best place before getting back to you.
I had no suggestion from anybody except form you.
So, I went to the Club Espagnol du Quebec and it is not easily accessible, so I was trying to find a place elsewhere, then I found the Restaurant Aldea Cuisine Portugaise, address: 4403 Boul. St Laurent Montréal (Québec) H2W 1Z8 which I think is the best venue now. The nearest metro are Sherbrooke and Mont-Royal, I guess you know that already.
I look forward to seeing you there.
Best,
Thanks

Ynes Mouche
Canada
English to French
Any time in June Jun 6, 2018

joanna menda wrote:

I should be in Montreal in June so I am very flexible with the date. Keep me posted. Thanks

Hi Joanna,
I hope this finds you well?
Finally, the date is June 28 and venue: Aldea Cuisine Portugaise, St Laurent Boul. Montréal QC, H2W 1Z8.
I look forward to seeing you there. If you have any questions to ask, feel free.
Thanks,
Ynes

Ynes Mouche
Canada
English to French
Bonne fête Nationale du Québec Jun 23, 2018

Bonne fête!!!!!!!
I hope you are as excited as I am.
The clock is ticking, only three days left.
We need volunteers for pictures and for our report.
Take care you all and see you on Thursday.
Cheers,

Ynes Mouche
Canada
English to French
Everything is set to welcome you all at Aldea Restaurant Jun 28, 2018

Hi all,

All is set to welcome you at Aldea.
I look forward to seeing you all.

Ynes Mouche
Canada
English to French
Thank you Jun 29, 2018

Just to say a big thank you to all those who could make it to the event.
I wish you all well!!!!!

Isabelle Struk-Thibert
Isabelle Struk-Thibert  Identity Verified
Canada
French to English
+ ...
Great meetup Jun 29, 2018

Thank you Ynes! It was such a pleasure meeting you all.

Germaine
Germaine  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
Merci, Ynes! Jul 12, 2018

Rencontre très agréable. C'est à refaire!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Montreal - Canada

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »