How can I edit my standard bids on the bid page, other than when bidding?
Thread poster: Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 4, 2020

Is there any way to access the standard reply texts other than when bidding? I need that!

My recorded standard bids include outdated information and even small errors that I would like to edit. However, when I am bidding is the worst moment to do that, as I am mostly pressed to answer asap, which is the whole purpose of the prerecorded standard answers.

I might touch up something and save the changes to the reply but after so many years I would really need to dedicate
... See more
Is there any way to access the standard reply texts other than when bidding? I need that!

My recorded standard bids include outdated information and even small errors that I would like to edit. However, when I am bidding is the worst moment to do that, as I am mostly pressed to answer asap, which is the whole purpose of the prerecorded standard answers.

I might touch up something and save the changes to the reply but after so many years I would really need to dedicate some time for a systematic review and edit all of those texts when I have a calm moment - not while answering another bid.

Any help will be appreciated!

[Edited at 2020-01-05 00:37 GMT]
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:20
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
You are not alone! Jan 4, 2020

Luca Tutino wrote:
Is there any way to access the standard reply texts other than when bidding?

No, believe it or not, there isn't!

I might touch up something and save the changes to the reply but after so many years I would really need to dedicate some time for a systematic review and edit all of those texts when I have a calm moment - not while answering another bid.

I agree absolutely -- it's totally necessary to have access to edit the text at other times! There are also all those occasions where we quote for jobs here by email, and then we can't use those stored texts at all!

I've requested it several times over the last 10+ years but ProZ.com staff have instead prioritised Facebook-type things such as "What I'm working on" and then filtering searches by that and by segments uploaded to TmTown etc., which only serves to mislead clients into thinking that keywords are more important than genuine experience and skills.

Sorry, staff, I know that's unfair but I'm feeling grumpy as I have to take down my "I'm on holiday" message tomorrow evening .

Jessica Noyes
Adam Jarczyk

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I edit my standard bids on the bid page, other than when bidding?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »