Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Ongoing and a new anomaly
Thread poster: Katalin Szilárd
Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 19:31
SITE STAFF
Looking into fields of expertise and ordering Jul 18, 2018

Changes were made to the profile updater to make it easier to enter and order your fields of expertise (it was not previously possible to order your general fields once you had added them). This shouldn't have added, removed, or changed the order of anything without notification, though. I'm looking into it. I also agree that the change should have been announced (I do not see that it has).

Jared

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 19:31
SITE STAFF
Quick update, will post back with more information Jul 18, 2018

Just a quick update on the profile fields and sorting:

1. The ranking of the general fields happens the moment you visit the field editor in your profile the first time, upon which you can re-order them as you wish. The messaging there needs to be improved to reflect that.

2. The separations between specialty, working, and interest fields should not have been removed and will be re-instated.

I will post back with more detailed information. Thanks to those w
... See more
Just a quick update on the profile fields and sorting:

1. The ranking of the general fields happens the moment you visit the field editor in your profile the first time, upon which you can re-order them as you wish. The messaging there needs to be improved to reflect that.

2. The separations between specialty, working, and interest fields should not have been removed and will be re-instated.

I will post back with more detailed information. Thanks to those who reported this, and for the patience. And on behalf of the whole team, apologies for the confusion, hassle, and inconvenience caused. As already noted here, this should have been released right, and profile owners should have been notified. I'll do what I can to rectify this as soon as those separations are back.

Jared
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ongoing and a new anomaly

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »