Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:58
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jul 18, 2018

Hello everyone

In Trados 2017, I need to find segments where source = target. According to this post, there is such an option in Trados 2017 but I can't find it. The post says "Use the advanced display filter and then under the 'Filter Attributes' tab use the 'Copied from source' option in the 'Origin' group" but I don't see an advanced
... See more
Hello everyone

In Trados 2017, I need to find segments where source = target. According to this post, there is such an option in Trados 2017 but I can't find it. The post says "Use the advanced display filter and then under the 'Filter Attributes' tab use the 'Copied from source' option in the 'Origin' group" but I don't see an advanced display filter. I only have "Display filter", on the Review tab, and there's no advanced under it, and no filter attributes etc.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
Collapse

NeoAtlas
NeoAtlas
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Right hand side of Editor or View ribbon Jul 18, 2018

By default, the advanced display filter is on right hand side of the Editor (it’s one of those auto-hidden windows). If you can’t see it, you may have closed it.
In this case, you can still find the advanced display filter in the View ribbon.

[Edited at 2018-07-18 10:10 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, found it Jul 18, 2018

NeoAtlas wrote:
By default, the advanced display filter is on left hand side of the Editor (it’s one of those auto-hidden windows). If you can’t see it, you may have closed it. In this case, you can still find the advanced display filter in the View ribbon.

Thanks. It took a while to find it, but I got it. If I have ever closed that window, it must have been a long, long time ago (I don't think I ever did, though). On my installation, the "tab" for that filter sat on the right-hand side of the Trados window (to the right of the Editor).

It also took me a while to figure out how to to dock it (you have to click-and-hold the pane's title bar, move it a bit, and then wait for some semi-transparent positioning "buttons" to appear, and then you must move your mouse to the button for the position that you're looking for, without releasing the mouse button). I still haven't figured out how to turn it into a tab again -- the tab was there initially (on the side), but then I clicked it and it turned into a pane, and the tab is no longer there, so now I have to use the ribbon to enable it each time.

My ribbon is set to display both icons and commands, but the advanced filter still displays only as an icon. To get to it, go View > Information and click the icon that looks like an open drain. In fact, all the features in the "Information" section of the View tab are just icons, and you have to hover your mouse on them to see what they mean.

==

Anyway, my original question was about filtering source = target, and I still don't know how to do it. Paul's post says to use the "Copied from source" option in the "Origin" section of the filter, but that doesn't get me the results I'm looking for -- it yields segments that used be source=target but no longer are (and actual existing source=target segments do not appear).

[Edited at 2018-07-18 09:11 GMT]

NeoAtlas
NeoAtlas
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Right, sorry and an app Jul 18, 2018

Samuel Murray wrote:
On my installation, the "tab" for that filter sat on the right-hand side of the Trados window (to the right of the Editor)

Ops!, so sorry, I meant that "right".

Samuel Murray wrote:
Anyway, my original question was about filtering source = target, and I still don't know how to do it. Paul's post says to use the "Copied from source" option in the "Origin" section of the filter, but that doesn't get me the results I'm looking for -- it yields segments that used be source=target but no longer are (and actual existing source=target segments do not appear).

Please install the free app Comunity Advanced Display Filter from the AppStore, a much more powerful filter. I have it installed so I keep the Advanced Display Filter always closed. In the Segment tab you’ll find the Source text equals target text option.

I hope it helps,
… Jesús Prieto …

Samuel Murray

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to filter source=target segments in Trados 2017

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »