Thread poster: Alex Lago
Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 23, 2012

Has anyone tried the new version of Translation Office?

Is it worth the change?

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
TO3000 version 10 Feb 23, 2012

Hi Alex,

The details of the new features are listed here:
http://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/218456-translation_office_3000_version_10_released.html

I'm using the new version of TO3000 (I was beta testing it actually) and personally I'm very pleased to have the "Mark as Paid" button on inv
... See more
Hi Alex,

The details of the new features are listed here:
http://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/218456-translation_office_3000_version_10_released.html

I'm using the new version of TO3000 (I was beta testing it actually) and personally I'm very pleased to have the "Mark as Paid" button on invoices now, the option of bypassing the project workflow and entering jobs as independent entities, and adding custom fields to invoices (now I can classify them as ES, EU and non-EU).

Upgrade prices seem pretty reasonable if you are already using a recent version.

So, I'd go for it!
Best,
Emma
Collapse

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Hands-on experiences? Upgrade process? Feb 23, 2012

That's interesting news, I didn't know it has already been published (seems the thread didn't make it to the recent posts list - or I just missed it).

Anyway, I'm very interested in upgrading from 9.0, especially since it seems I can get rid of the projects layer now.

Could anyone comment on how smooth the upgrade process works? What I mean is: Will I be able to continue working with my existing database, since it obviously makes use of projects? Will invoice numbering
... See more
That's interesting news, I didn't know it has already been published (seems the thread didn't make it to the recent posts list - or I just missed it).

Anyway, I'm very interested in upgrading from 9.0, especially since it seems I can get rid of the projects layer now.

Could anyone comment on how smooth the upgrade process works? What I mean is: Will I be able to continue working with my existing database, since it obviously makes use of projects? Will invoice numbering etc. just continue the same way? I'd not like to run into any unforeseen issues in my accounting.

A feature list is nice, but some hands-on experience would be very much appreciated!

Kind regards,
Erik
Collapse

Alrx
Alrx  Identity Verified
France
Member (2011)
English to French
+ ...
Give it a try... Feb 24, 2012

efreitag wrote:
Could anyone comment on how smooth the upgrade process works? What I mean is: Will I be able to continue working with my existing database, since it obviously makes use of projects? Will invoice numbering etc. just continue the same way? I'd not like to run into any unforeseen issues in my accounting.

A feature list is nice, but some hands-on experience would be very much appreciated!

Kind regards,
Erik

Hi Erik,

I believe you can actually install/use version 10 side by side with version 9.

In other words, you could just download the free trial version and see if it works for you without losing your existing database...

Emma Goldsmith
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Answers to questions Feb 24, 2012

efreitag wrote:
Will I be able to continue working with my existing database, since it obviously makes use of projects?

First I saved my DB. Then I installed the new version without any database, copied my DB into the DB folder in Win Explorer and then opened TO3000 and ran an update script to update the DB. It was quite easy.

I switched to job workflow (without projects) without any problem. I did "complete" my projects first but I don't know if that was actually necessary.

Will invoice numbering etc. just continue the same way?

Invoice numbering continued just fine for me.

Like Alrx, I also found you could run the 2 versions on the same machine (although you have to update DBs in 2 different places).

I hope Support at TO3000 will correct me if my instructions aren't quite right, but that's what I remember doing when I switched versions.

HTH,
Emma

Aleksandr Yarosevich (AIT)
Aleksandr Yarosevich (AIT)
Ukraine
Local time: 09:34
Upgrade to TO3000, Version 10 Jun 1, 2012

Dear Colleagues,

Thank you for your interest in the new version of TO3000.

We would like to suggest you to follow instructions from the following guide while upgrading to Translation Office 3000 V10: http://to3000.com/Documentation/UpgradetoTO3000V10Guide.pdf

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Best regards,
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

Thank you for your interest in the new version of TO3000.

We would like to suggest you to follow instructions from the following guide while upgrading to Translation Office 3000 V10: http://to3000.com/Documentation/UpgradetoTO3000V10Guide.pdf

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Aleksandr
Collapse

Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
Where can I find the source database file? Oct 21, 2012

Aleksandr Yarosevich (AIT) wrote:

It is said in in the guide:

In a case if the program cannot find TO3000 database, click Browse button, manually specify a path to the source database file and click Next button.

Where can I find the source database file in TO3000, Version 7?

NK

[Edited at 2012-10-21 21:42 GMT]

Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wrong place for question Oct 22, 2012

You should probably post this in a new forum entry if not you won't get any answers as the title of the thread (which is very odl anyway) does not match your question.

Having said that I never used V7 so I don't know if this will be a valid answer but in the versions I've used (9 and 10) to see where the database is you would click on the top menu on Settings, then click on Database and you should see the location of your database

Nikita Kobrin
Lithuania
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
* Oct 23, 2012

Thanks for the response, Alex!

Alex Lago wrote:

You should probably post this in a new forum entry if not you won't get any answers as the title of the thread (which is very odl anyway) does not match your question.

I know, I simply expected to get an answer from AIT rep Aleksandr Yarosevich who theoretically should be subscribed to this thread.

Alex Lago wrote:

Having said that I never used V7 so I don't know if this will be a valid answer but in the versions I've used (9 and 10) to see where the database is you would click on the top menu on Settings, then click on Database and you should see the location of your database

Unfortunately it doesn't work in V7...

NK

Emma Goldsmith
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
TO3000 support Oct 23, 2012

Nikita Kobrin wrote:

I know, I simply expected to get an answer from AIT rep Aleksandr Yarosevich who theoretically should be subscribed to this thread.

Why don't you go to their website support page:
http://www.to3000.com/support
They're always very quick to answer.

Nikita Kobrin
Lithuania
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
* Oct 24, 2012

Thanks, Emma! It seems I have already found a solution.

NK

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
TO3000 v7 Database Oct 29, 2012

Dear Nikita,

Thank you for your question.

T03000 v7 database is located in ..\Translation Office 3000 V7\Data7 folder.

I would like to mention that to receive a response in the quickest way, we suggest you to wrote directly to our Support Team at http://aithelp.com

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
----------------------------------------------
Aleksandr
... See more
Dear Nikita,

Thank you for your question.

T03000 v7 database is located in ..\Translation Office 3000 V7\Data7 folder.

I would like to mention that to receive a response in the quickest way, we suggest you to wrote directly to our Support Team at http://aithelp.com

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
----------------------------------------------
Aleksandr Dyatlov,
AIT Software Development Team
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone tried the new Translation Office

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »