Daniel Pestana  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:12
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 24, 2012

Hi everyone,

Since we have to keep track of several projects simultaneously, I though an App for our smartphones could help us in that task, so I developed one for Android and soon for the iOS too, specially for us. The UI is very clean and simple. So check it out and give your feedback and suggestions: goo.gl/iVAa9

Best,
Daniel

Paula Greyling
Paula Greyling  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to French
+ ...
I will try it Aug 24, 2012

Hi Daniel,

Great idea, I'm an android fan myself and this sounds like a great idea. I will post my feedback here.

Good luck with your app!

Paula

Daniel Pestana
Portugal
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Aug 24, 2012

Hi Paula,

Thank you very much. I tried to develop the App as simple as possible, since we are always in a hurry, but on future updates it will have Google Calendar integration. I'm still studying the all API documentation, because it's not very clear, but I'm sure I'll tackle it in a few months.

Best,
Daniel

[Editado em 2012-08-24 18:38 GMT]

Daniel Pestana
Portugal
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The App is now FREE!!! Sep 29, 2012

.: To celebrate the International Translator's Day, my Android App will be free to download on September 30th. Bookmark it and enjoy it on Sunday.

Click here: goo.gl/cqn5z

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:12
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Background music Sep 29, 2012

I watched the video in your link and loved the background music (except the way it just cut off at the end). It made me want to download the app, but I've got a BlackBerry.

Now thinking of switching to an Android phone...

Daniel Pestana
Portugal
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Emma Sep 29, 2012

Hi Emma,

I'm really glad you liked it. The App will also be available for the iPhone soon. And if I'm not mistaken, it will be much faster than Android. I tested it and it seems fantastic.

Thanks.

Daniel Pestana
Portugal
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The App is now available for the iPhone Oct 31, 2012

The App is now available for download on the App Store. Enjoy it.

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 19:12
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Bad Gateway Oct 31, 2012

Your app is available in the App Store, Daniel, but the link to your site doesn't work:

So I went to your ProZ profile and clicked the link to your homepage, but unfortunately, I got the very same message.

The info on iTunes is rather scant, and that's why I wanted to read more about it, but I'm afraid this is an app for those translators who are extremely busy...

Cheers,

Hans (not very busy, not busy at all)

[Late news: After binging pestanatranslations I got the same error message, but a hit or so later referring to your CV - a PDF file - on the very same domain did work. Just to let you know]

[Edited at 2012-10-31 02:05 GMT]

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:12
Finnish to French
Daniel's site is Flash-based Oct 31, 2012

Meta Arkadia wrote:
Your app is available in the App Store, Daniel, but the link to your site doesn't work:

The site (http://www.pestanatranslations.com/ ) does work, here is what it looks like in Chrome:

It is Flash-based, so maybe your browser doesn't support Flash...

However, there is no information about the Android app on the site, so you won't be missing anything if you were looking for information not available on Google Play.

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
English to Indonesian
+ ...
The App Store Oct 31, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:
It is Flash-based, so maybe your browser doesn't support Flash…

My browsers (Safari, Sunrise, and Firefox) do support Flash on the Mac.
However, there is no information about the Android app on the site, so you won't be missing anything if you were looking for information not available on Google Play.

I clicked the link provided in the App Store, and it doesn't work. This has little to do with running Flash or not. The error message (502) doesn't point to Flash, and why add a link to the description of your app if it doesn't work and the site apparently doesn't provide any information on the app?

Cheers,

Hans

[Edited at 2012-10-31 23:23 GMT]

Daniel Pestana
Portugal
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your comments Nov 1, 2012

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your comments. Meta Arkadia, the site works perfectly for me and others. If you've tried accessing my website with a different protocol, the website has a security feature that prevents you from accessing it during a couple of hours. It works perfectly here and with some friends I talked to. About the site, well, it's my professional website, it has nothing to do with the App, it's just a way people can get in touch with me. The rules on the App Store and Goo
... See more
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your comments. Meta Arkadia, the site works perfectly for me and others. If you've tried accessing my website with a different protocol, the website has a security feature that prevents you from accessing it during a couple of hours. It works perfectly here and with some friends I talked to. About the site, well, it's my professional website, it has nothing to do with the App, it's just a way people can get in touch with me. The rules on the App Store and Google Play don't say anything about having an App-specific website.

Thanks for your comments.
Cheers,
Daniel

Meta Arkadia wrote:

Dominique Pivard wrote:
It is Flash-based, so maybe your browser doesn't support Flash…

My browsers (Safari, Sunrise, and Firefox) do support Flash on the Mac.

I clicked the link provided in the App Store, and it doesn't work. This has little to do with running Flash or not. The error message (502) doesn't point to Flash, and why add a link to the description of your app if it doesn't work and the site apparently doesn't provide any information on the app?

Cheers,

Hans

[Edited at 2012-10-31 23:23 GMT]

[Editada em 2012-11-01 00:03 GMT]
Collapse

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Solved Nov 1, 2012

The link magically disappeared from the App Store.

Cheers,

Hans

Daniel Pestana
Portugal
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
?!?! Nov 1, 2012

Meta Arkadia wrote:

The link magically disappeared from the App Store.

Cheers,

Hans

Hi Hans,

Sorry, it's still available on my App Store. By the way, if you're accessing the App Store on your iPhone it should redirect you to the HTML5 version. I don't know what's going on over there, but I'll look into it. Thanks.

Cheers,
Daniel

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Still There Nov 1, 2012

Daniel Pestana wrote:
Sorry, it's still available on my App Store.

My turn to say sorry, Daniel. The link is still there. However, it does mention Translator Notebook Support. That doesn't necessarily mean you can find more information on the app there, but still.

Cheers,

Hans

Daniel Pestana
Portugal
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No problem Nov 1, 2012

Meta Arkadia wrote:

Daniel Pestana wrote:
Sorry, it's still available on my App Store.

My turn to say sorry, Daniel. The link is still there. However, it does mention Translator Notebook Support. That doesn't necessarily mean you can find more information on the app there, but still.

Cheers,

Hans

Hi Hans,

Thanks for your advice. I'll remember that the next time I update my website. You can find more information on YouTube, just search for "Translator Notebook" followed by "Android" or "iPhone". There are two videos showing me using the App. It's quite simple, but useful for busy translators.

Cheers,
Daniel

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Android App for Translators: Translator Notebook

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »