SDL Trados 2007 Workbench troubleshooting: Can't use function Set/Close next Open/Get
Thread poster: Jorge Mosquera
Jorge Mosquera
Jorge Mosquera  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 22, 2012

Hi everyone,

I am using SDL Trados 2007 and I am unable to use the Set/Close next Open/Get whatsoever. In fact, the button is grayed out everywhere and the shortkey (Alt+ Num +) does not work. The only options available once I open a translation unit are Close, Restore Source and Copy Source. Everything else is basically grayed out. I'm not sure what is causing this issue. I have used Trados 2007 before on this same computer and recently reinstalled it after formatting my computer.<
... See more
Hi everyone,

I am using SDL Trados 2007 and I am unable to use the Set/Close next Open/Get whatsoever. In fact, the button is grayed out everywhere and the shortkey (Alt+ Num +) does not work. The only options available once I open a translation unit are Close, Restore Source and Copy Source. Everything else is basically grayed out. I'm not sure what is causing this issue. I have used Trados 2007 before on this same computer and recently reinstalled it after formatting my computer.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks!

Jorge
Collapse

Jorge Mosquera
Jorge Mosquera  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Sep 22, 2012

It was an easy fix. It turns out my TM had two different Target Languages in it, and the source file did not match the language variant that was currently selected (in this case, Spanish - International Sort). All I had to do was select the proper language variant (Spanish - Spain) and voilá!

Technology - can't live with it... can't translate effectively without it!

Jorge

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 Workbench troubleshooting: Can't use function Set/Close next Open/Get

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »