Thread poster: Ilka Nahmmacher
Ilka Nahmmacher
Ilka Nahmmacher  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:17
German to English
Nov 8, 2012

Hi,

I am a freelance translator with no employees. I am looking for an office software that will help me manage my assignments, write invoices, keep a calendar, fill out the VAT form, etc. I did some research and found translator-specific tools and general tools.

Translation 3000
Practiline
TOM for Translators

Lexware
WISO Mein Büro

Does anyone have experience with these or other software and can anyone make a recommendation?
... See more
Hi,

I am a freelance translator with no employees. I am looking for an office software that will help me manage my assignments, write invoices, keep a calendar, fill out the VAT form, etc. I did some research and found translator-specific tools and general tools.

Translation 3000
Practiline
TOM for Translators

Lexware
WISO Mein Büro

Does anyone have experience with these or other software and can anyone make a recommendation?

Thanks.
Ilka
Collapse

Mugdha Ghate
Mugdha Ghate
India
Local time: 14:47
Member (2012)
English to Marathi
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Translation 3000 Nov 8, 2012

Hi Ilka,

I have been using Translation 3000 for the past 3 months and am very satisfied with it. It helps with all your requirements and also is very user friendly..

Hope you find this useful..

[Edited at 2012-11-08 14:21 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-11-08 15:12 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Office software: any recommendations?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »