Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 13:35
English to Czech
+ ...
Different Perspective Feb 8, 2013

Richard Bartholomew wrote:
Granted, but I have a lot of pretty sensitive information on my system, and I don't fancy the idea of third parties reaching in from afar and rummage around at will.

First of all, each system is different and each user uses a different setup. Second, there could have been thousands of different causes to your problems. So from the developer's point of view, the easiest thing is to go for a remote desktop session to resolve your problems. Moreover, you can watch what the other party is doing and if you feel that the service technician is sneaking around areas you wouldn't like to disclose, you can terminate the session at any time.

If my colleagues experience technical problems, I simply use Teamviewer to take control of their machines and resolve their problems in a fraction of time I would otherwise need to trace down the cause and give instructions on the phone or over email.

[Upraveno: 2013-02-08 17:34 GMT]

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Local time: 14:35
Thank you for all your comments! Feb 13, 2013

Dear Colleagues,

If you do not mind, I will take part in this interesting topic

At first, I want to say thank you to everybody for both thankful and critical comments. We are very happy when we see comments of our satisfied customers. And we think that critical comments are very useful too, because they show us fields for improvements in our software products.

I would like to ask Samuel Murr
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

At first, I want to say thank you to everybody for both thankful and critical comments. We are very happy when we see comments of our satisfied customers. And we think that critical comments are very useful too, because they show us fields for improvements in our software products.

I would like to ask Samuel Murray, JL01, Paula Hernandez, texjax DDS PhD, Angie Garbarino, Fiona Peterson, Holger Laux which difficulties did you have with TO3000? We will be glad to help you to solve these difficulties and enjoy all benefits of TO3000. Feel free to send all your questions to our support email [email protected]

Also I suggest you to watch my recorded webinar about TO3000 on ProZ at http://www.proz.com/videos/Free%20webinar%20week%20videos/2095
I guess, this webinar could help you to understand better how TO3000 works and which benefits you can get, starting to use the program.

Fiona Peterson wrote:
and two because it would not allow me to create proforma invoices, indispensable if you want to avoid paying VAT not yet received from the customer

Dear Fiona, could you send a sample of such proforma invoice to [email protected]? Then we will be able to write you how you can create the required document with TO3000. As I know, many our TO3000 customers use TO3000 to create proforma invoices.

Christel Zipfel wrote:
I once downloaded a trial version. But then I found the tool really too complicated and not userfriendly at all, so I decided I'd rather spend my time just like before preparing my invoices (which precisely I wanted to avoid) than spend the same amount of time fiddling around with TO3000.

Dear Cristel, I suggest you to to watch my recorded webinar about TO3000 on ProZ at http://www.proz.com/videos/Free%20webinar%20week%20videos/2095. I have shown there a little bit about the process of templates creation. Also we have an advanced webinar on ProZ, in which this process is shown more detail. It is available at http://www.proz.com/videos/Free%20webinar%20week%20videos/1337

Claire Cox wrote:
I've had it a few years but found it incredibly difficult to use and no real user manuals or help available out there.

Dear Claire, all TO3000 documentation is available at http://to3000.com/product-info/documentation/guides-manuals

Also we have a knowlegebase which is available at http://aithelp.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/45/translation-office-3000

Claire Cox wrote:
The TO3000 team were helpful at first, as were colleagues on ProZ forums, but after a while I was told that any more help from the team would be chargeable - which made me very cross when it was impossible to work out the full capabilities of the programme on your own - well, I certainly found it so!

Claire Cox wrote:
I'm afraid I don't call it "really helpful and responsive product support" to say they'll only help on a paid basis after a few queries as happened to me. But perhaps I'm being unreasonable to expect a product to come with a manual or decent instructions?

It is very strange, because we always provide support for all our customers free of charge. We have only a few paid services like templates customization (when you send us a required view of a document and we create a template for you from scratch) or custom reports creation (when we create a report according to your requirements). But we always reply on all questions from emails and our reply time is usually less than 24 hours. Moreover, we provide support via Live Chat. Its icon is located on the top-right corner of the website http://to3000.com/

Claire Cox wrote:
I found it impossible to customise my invoices and much easier in fact to stick to my tried and trusted Excel system and a manual register of payments outstanding.

Rad Graban wrote
I was unable to customise (or couldn't figure out how to do it) my invoice template the way I wanted it, so uninstalled it.

Please send us a sample of a required document to [email protected] and we will write you how it can be created in TO3000.

Claire Cox wrote:
Another thing it doesn't do that I expected it to - or perhaps it does but it's not apparent to me how you do it! - is enable you to create reports. I like to draw up annual statistics at the end of the tax year on how much work I've done for each client, which languages, how many words and how much I've billed them for in total.

Such reports can be created using Custom Reports possibilities. We have a lot of built-in reports in TO3000 and you can create own reports for any your purposes. Alternatively, you can export any information from TO3000 to Excel and then operate with this exported data.

Wolfgang Jörissen wrote:
I would like some more freedom to adjust the invoice number to my own system.

What invoice numbers do you require? I would like to mention that you can change the invoice code format in Settings menu > Advanced option > Codes section. If you require some unusual codes, you can create a custom field like “Custom Invoice Code” an input there any invoice codes you need.

Wolfgang Jörissen wrote:
Also, the currency conversion feature (or the lack of it) would need some attention.

We will consider a possibility to add auto-synchronization function for exchange rates to be able to have up-to-date rates at any moment. Currently exchange rates can be modified manually.

Wolfgang Jörissen wrote:
And the total impossibility of entering outsourced jobs is also a minus point.

Please refer to our article http://aithelp.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/542/0/how-can-i-assign-jobs-to-other-translators-in-to3000 to check how you can manage outsource jobs with TO3000

Balasubramaniam L. wrote
1. The currency choice per agency is limited to just one currency. But some of my European clients sometimes use euros as well as dollars.

For such cases we suggest you to create separate clients, for example, “Client 1_EUR” and “Client 1_USD” and keep projects in appropriate client profiles.

Balasubramaniam L. wrote
I have some problems with the Project Tab. It has two tabs labelled "New" and "New Projects". The New tabs opens a new job under an existing project and New Projects is used for creating a new project. These tabs need some getting used to - I still haven't fully understood their functionality.

Could you show a screenshot of this tab? And, as was correctly mentioned by Jarosław Michalak, in TO3000 v 10 you can skip projects, selecting “Without Prrojects Mode”

Holger Laux wrote
As TO is not available under Linux, it is no good for my production setup.

Some our TO3000 clients wrote us that they successfully run TO3000 on Linux under Wine.

Richard Bartholomew wrote
Second, once I'd gotten a copy of the installer pried loose from the antivirus program, I managed to install the thing, but couldn't get it to start properly. Double clicking its icon on the desktop either hung my system or the program hung at the startup banner.

Most likely, your firewall blocks TO3000. To find a reason of the issue, I suggest you to temporary disable all your antivirus and firewall software.

Richard Bartholomew wrote
Third, while the TO3000 folks did respond for my calls for help, they ultimately wanted to log in remotely to my system to find out what was going on. That's when I called it quits.

No, it is not necessary to connect to your PC remotely. If you do not want, we will try to solve the issue without connection to your PC. However, often this is the quickest way to solve a problem.

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
--
Head of Technical Support Department
Advanced International Translations
Collapse

Steven Segaert
Steven Segaert
Estonia
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Thank you Feb 20, 2013

A bit late, but I didn't want to let it pass... Thank you, Aleksandr, for that extensive reply and the links to the resources!

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Aleksandr Feb 20, 2013

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT) wrote:
I would like to ask Samuel Murray ... which difficulties did you have with TO3000?

The only real difficulty I have with TO3000 isn't something you can do anything about. The difficulty is that migrating my administration to TO3000 seems like a mammoth task and naturally I'm afraid that once I've done that it would turn out that TO3000 is not what I wanted. (-:

I also think TO3000 is extremely complex (take a look at the instructions about creating a vendor, for example, to see how many menus one has to traverse)... but I suspect that once the user knows how to do most tasks, the complexity will disappear.

I dislike the fact that with TO3000 I would have to sort my files in folders in a way that is TO3000 compatible and not in the way that I have done it for the past 5-10 years, but I understand that making TO3000 capable of adjusting to every user's own eccentric folder system is not realistic.

I suspect I'm a little hesitant to use TO3000 because it would mean treating all clients' jobs in a unified way, and the fact is that I currently have different accounting/administration systems for different clients, based on e.g. clients' own jobs systems, the regularity of their jobs, whether their jobs tend to go on and on and on for days or weeks after the official deadline, whether "updates" are separate jobs or part of the original job, etc. But I recognise the benefits of treating all clients and all jobs the same way.

The reason for this thread was basically to coax users into giving some negative feedback about TO3000, since most of what you read in the forums is always positive.

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
TO3000 may not be time-effective with high customer turnover Feb 21, 2013

I kind of understand that TO3000 may not suit everybody, for reasons beyond its mere "complexity".
I remember myself carefully weighing benefits/drawbacks in 2005, a year where I had to streamline my admin/follow-up because the amount of work was getting out of hand:
*Carefully read the help and sales pitch
*Some time to get TO3000 up to speed (custom settings, customer details, invoice templates, etc) before using it productively
*Need to maintain also my old Excel/Wor
... See more
I kind of understand that TO3000 may not suit everybody, for reasons beyond its mere "complexity".
I remember myself carefully weighing benefits/drawbacks in 2005, a year where I had to streamline my admin/follow-up because the amount of work was getting out of hand:
*Carefully read the help and sales pitch
*Some time to get TO3000 up to speed (custom settings, customer details, invoice templates, etc) before using it productively
*Need to maintain also my old Excel/Word system, just in case I didn't like TO3000: twice as much admin work
*Translate as usual
*All this in a 1-month free trial to be able to decide within this time frame (I think AIT wouldn't lose much offering a 60-day trial: you would have more time to get familiar with it and get it running, because after you decide to migrate to TO3000 for good, you buy it and keep/upgrade it forever).

I personally couldn't do without TO3000 now, but I have only served 33 customers after 8 years of full-time use and more than 500 invoices. I find it ideal for people with a stable customer base. Once the needful is done, it doesn't require much more fiddling if your customer base is established.

But if I had a high turnover and had to enter new customer details for every small job or so, I would certainly find it annoying because of the admin overhead it involves compared to a one-off job, where I would just add an address to a Word template to issue my invoice, and follow up on some Excel sheet, just like I used to do before buying TO3000.

However, I do have a client called "one-off", which I customise every time I issue a quote to a prospect or do a one-off job (I can usually anticipate whether the customer will become a loyal, returning one).

For the rest, I simply adapted my way of working to the software (folder tree, etc.) without trying to make the software mimic my previous organisation. Lastly, since using TO3000, I have never felt constrained feeling that sthg was missing or oddly placed in my management workflow, but I've always had pretty standard orders, and I manage all my customers the same way.

As for support, their team created a script especially for me to be able to keep all customer details and program setup, but erase the rest of the database (invoices, jobs, quotes) when I started anew after I moved from one country to another. My request was dealt with within a day or two, and it was free!

Philippe
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
One-off and prospective clients Feb 21, 2013

Philippe Etienne wrote:

However, I do have a client called "one-off", which I customise every time I issue a quote to a prospect or do a one-off job (I can usually anticipate whether the customer will become a loyal, returning one).

Philippe

That's a great idea, Philippe. I'll do the same from now on.

I'd got as far as creating a client called "Prospective", and in the info tab I create a new info entry for each prospective client, note the rates I've quoted, and use the "category" tab to classify the client type.
It's much quicker than creating a brand new client each time someone asks me for my rates.

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Customization and timesaving possibilities of TO3000 Feb 25, 2013

Dear Colleagues,

Thank you for your comments.

Samuel Murray wrote:

I also think TO3000 is extremely complex (take a look at the instructions about creating a vendor, for example, to see how many menus one has to traverse)...

Samuel, I would like to mention that it is a workaround, since we suggest to use another our software product Projetex to manage vendors. Therefore this workaround takes some time for configuring TO3000.

Samuel Murray wrote:

I dislike the fact that with TO3000 I would have to sort my files in folders in a way that is TO3000 compatible and not in the way that I have done it for the past 5-10 years.

Could you please describe your way of file sorting?

Samuel Murray wrote:

I suspect I'm a little hesitant to use TO3000 because it would mean treating all clients' jobs in a unified way, and the fact is that I currently have different accounting/administration systems for different clients, based on e.g. clients' own jobs systems, the regularity of their jobs, whether their jobs tend to go on and on and on for days or weeks after the official deadline, whether "updates" are separate jobs or part of the original job, etc.

We created custom fields possibility in TO3000 exactly for this purpose. I.e. if you have some specific workflow and you need to input some specific information to TO3000, you can easily create a custom field for this purpose and specify any necessary data in this custom field.

Philippe Etienne wrote:

*All this in a 1-month free trial to be able to decide within this time frame (I think AIT wouldn't lose much offering a 60-day trial:

Philippe, thank you for your suggestion. We will consider a possibility to extend the default trial period. By the way, if you need more time for TO3000 evaluation, you can write a request to our Support Team to extend yor trial period.

Philippe Etienne wrote:

But if I had a high turnover and had to enter new customer details for every small job or so, I would certainly find it annoying because of the admin overhead it involves compared to a one-off job, where I would just add an address to a Word template to issue my invoice, and follow up on some Excel sheet, just like I used to do before buying TO3000.

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

It's much quicker than creating a brand new client each time someone asks me for my rates.

I would like to mention that you can accelerate this process, clicking New Client button > Quick Creation option in Client window. In this case you will be able to specify only a client name to create a client. So, it will take just a moment to add a new client into TO3000.

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
--

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Folder structure Feb 25, 2013

Samuel Murray wrote:

I dislike the fact that with TO3000 I would have to sort my files in folders in a way that is TO3000 compatible and not in the way that I have done it for the past 5-10 years.

Could you please describe your way of file sorting?

What I suggested was to use the same variables that are used for invoices and projects to create folders, in some default root location. That way it would be very flexible and fit almost any workflow. I wrote to support about it, but do not know if they considered it...

An option to hide one-time/old clients would be nice too... You can use a workaround with fields, I think.

Claudia Krysztofiak
Claudia Krysztofiak  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Company distribute spam May 27, 2013

Samuel Murray wrote:
Or, did any of you try to use TO3000 for a while and found it unsuitable for your purposes? Why?

I downloaded a trial version of TO3000 because it was so highly praised by some Prozians. I never found the time to use it, but what I was not prepared for was the amount of spamming I received afterwards from the company. Reminder after reminder, that I downloaded their software and should really try it. Now, after the trial period ran out, they started filling my mailbox with some dubious facebook events they created. I finally tried to opt out of their news which I never subscribed to from the start, by doing as they offered in their mail:

"P.S. We respect your privacy. If you no longer wish to receive e-mails from us, reply with unsubscribe in the body of the letter. We will miss you!"

Five minutes after I sent such email I received another email by them:
"This message serves as confirmation that you are now successfully registered in our support center." So now they entered my data into their support system with password and everything else instead of deleting my address from their newsletter list.

I can only say: Stay away! Don't do business with companies that act like this.

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
I used TO3000 quite extensively in the past May 27, 2013

I was not, however, interested in the invoicing aspect of it, but only in keeping records of projects done. To this end, I customised it, adding many different columns in order to record the details of those projects, including the document type plus the three main subjects covered by each file translated (columns for Subject 1, Subject 2, Subject 3). Before I could fill in those columns, I needed to do quite a bit of logical thinking about the analysis and categorisation of subjects, and try to... See more
I was not, however, interested in the invoicing aspect of it, but only in keeping records of projects done. To this end, I customised it, adding many different columns in order to record the details of those projects, including the document type plus the three main subjects covered by each file translated (columns for Subject 1, Subject 2, Subject 3). Before I could fill in those columns, I needed to do quite a bit of logical thinking about the analysis and categorisation of subjects, and try to develop a precise categorisation system, for which purpose I also extensively researched classification systems on the Internet, including on the pages of libraries.

The main object of all this concerned my TMs. I figured out some years ago that I could not throw everything into one large TM and keep on adding to it ad infinitum. I reached the logical conclusion that I should keep the TM for each and every project separate, in particular so that I could import and export any individual TMs into one large TM at any future time to create TMs on specialist subjects required. To create such a TM for a particular large project I needed to have all past projects listed in TO 3000, carefully categorised, so as to be able to pick and choose the right individual TMs to import.

One consideration in doing this was to avoid problems, when working in Studio, from having too much heavy and irrelevant TM material appended to the project, which would, among other things, slow down concordance searches.

The system worked very well, but we are currently building our own Access database instead, because I wanted to customise TO 3000 even further, and eventually I wanted to customise it so much that it became easier to design a new database.

To answer the question, then: Yes, it is true that it is not perfectly designed to meet translators' needs, and if you customise it in the way that I did it then becomes awkward and cumbersome to overlook the database of information created. You cannot see everything at once, because, if you expand it by too many columns, some of the information then disappears from sight. This is why I concluded that an Access database which we could query would be preferable.
Collapse

Balasubramaniam L.
Balasubramaniam L.  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 18:05
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Thank for this suggestion, and a few more complaints! May 28, 2013

Dear Colleagues,

At first, I want to say thank you to everybody for both thankful and critical comments. We are very happy when we see comments of our satisfied customers. And we think that critical comments are very useful too, because they show us fields for improvements in our software products

Balasubramaniam L. wrote
1. The currency choice per agency is limited to just one currency. But some of my European clients sometimes use euros as well as dollars.

For such cases we suggest you to create separate clients, for example, “Client 1_EUR” and “Client 1_USD” and keep projects in appropriate client profiles.

Balasubramaniam L. wrote
I have some problems with the Project Tab. It has two tabs labelled "New" and "New Projects". The New tabs opens a new job under an existing project and New Projects is used for creating a new project. These tabs need some getting used to - I still haven't fully understood their functionality.

Could you show a screenshot of this tab? And, as was correctly mentioned by Jarosław Michalak, in TO3000 v 10 you can skip projects, selecting “Without Prrojects Mode”

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
--

Sorry I am getting back to this topic after a long time. I just saw your response to my comments about TO3000.

Your first suggestion is immensely workable and I have already implemented it. Thank you very much.

Regarding the second, probably it will go away if I upgrade to v10.

Another area where I see possibility for improving is in the comment box in each translator profile. This in my opinion is one of the most useful areas of TO. I use it extensively to keep notes and comments about the client. The problem is this comment box does not support unicode encoding and I am forced to use the English alphabet. This is a problem as I often just copy relevant portions from the client's email (such as those sections containing addresses, hyperlinks, passwords, etc.) and paste them on the comment box. Now if these emails happen to be in Hindi, this doesn't work and all I see there are a series of ?????? in place of Hindi text.

If the comment box can be made unicode compatible (like Notepad 2) this problem can be immediately solved.

In fact, the entire TO software needs to be made unicode compatible, particualry the database. Currently, I can't enter client address or Job description in Hindi and these are often in Hindi in the client communications. So I can't copy paste and have to convert them into English script (that is transliterate). If TO software can be made unicode compatible, these issues will be immediately sorted out and TO will become much more useful and will save much more time for its users.

Claudia Krysztofiak
Claudia Krysztofiak  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
No more spam - thank you! May 29, 2013

Claudia Krysztofiak wrote:

Samuel Murray wrote:
Or, did any of you try to use TO3000 for a while and found it unsuitable for your purposes? Why?

... I finally tried to opt out of their news which I never subscribed to from the start, by doing as they offered in their mail:

"P.S. We respect your privacy. If you no longer wish to receive e-mails from us, reply with unsubscribe in the body of the letter. We will miss you!"

Five minutes after I sent such email I received another email by them:
"This message serves as confirmation that you are now successfully registered in our support center." So now they entered my data into their support system with password and everything else instead of deleting my address from their newsletter list.

After another attempt by email to get removed from their system, Aleksandr now confirmed that they did remove my data.

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Unicode-based TO3000 and customization of fields and folders Jul 31, 2013

Dear Colleagues,

Thank you for your comments.

Jabberwock wrote:

What I suggested was to use the same variables that are used for invoices and projects to create folders, in some default root location. That way it would be very flexible and fit almost any workflow. I wrote to support about it, but do not know if they considered it...

An option to hide one-time/old clients would be nice too... You can use a workaround with fields, I think.

Jabberwock, templates and folders are driven by different programming modules inside TO3000. Therefore it is not possible to implement your suggestion in an easy way. I would like to mention that you can make deep customization of folder structure in TO3000, adding new folders and subfolders for your workflow. We will consider a possibility to make TO3000 file management system even more flexible in future versions.

Jabberwock wrote:

We are considering a possibility of implementing such option in one of the next versions of TO3000. For now, you are right, it is possible to use custom fields of flags to mark one-time and old clients. Then you can use Local Custom Filter to filter required clients.

Claudia Krysztofiak wrote:

I downloaded a trial version of TO3000 because it was so highly praised by some Prozians. I never found the time to use it, but what I was not prepared for was the amount of spamming I received afterwards from the company. Reminder after reminder, that I downloaded their software and should really try it. Now, after the trial period ran out, they started filling my mailbox with some dubious facebook events they created. I finally tried to opt out of their news which I never subscribed to from the start, by doing as they offered in their mail:

Claudia, we are sorry for the inconvenience. Most likely, there was a glitch in our mail system if you received our newsletters even after unsubscribing.

About registration in the support center, it is just a principle of operation of most help desk systems. I.e. when your email is processes by the system, it automatically creates a profile for you to allow you to easily check all your support tickets. This system is not related to any marketing newsletters and follow-ups, it just helps customers to get most convenient support services.

Astrid Elke Johnson wrote:

To answer the question, then: Yes, it is true that it is not perfectly designed to meet translators' needs, and if you customise it in the way that I did it then becomes awkward and cumbersome to overlook the database of information created. You cannot see everything at once, because, if you expand it by too many columns, some of the information then disappears from sight. This is why I concluded that an Access database which we could query would be preferable.

Astrid, could you describe your customization needs more detail? Please note that in TO3000 you can customize both folder structure and fields, adding new fields which you require for categorization and for any other purposes. Then you can display required fields in TO3000 windows and customize a way of their displaying. Moreover, TO3000 has great features for business analysis, allowing you to create advanced reports about any of your business activities.

Balasubramaniam L. wrote:

In fact, the entire TO software needs to be made unicode compatible, particualry the database. Currently, I can't enter client address or Job description in Hindi and these are often in Hindi in the client communications. So I can't copy paste and have to convert them into English script (that is transliterate). If TO software can be made unicode compatible, these issues will be immediately sorted out and TO will become much more useful and will save much more time for its users.

Balasubramaniam, this problem was in TO3000 v9 and lower. TO3000 v10 is the fully Unicode-based program, and it allows you to input information in any languages.

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
--

[Edited at 2013-07-31 07:30 GMT]

Oksana Kondakova
Oksana Kondakova  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:35
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
On topic - I hated it Aug 26, 2013

I was looking for an invoicing system with currency converter so I downloaded a trial of TO 3000. I am sorry to say this, but this one is the worst piece of software I ever happened to try. Ugly interface, simple processes like adding client's information are made as much complicated as possible. A tool that is designed to help turns to consume so much time to just use it. Sub-projects inside of projects. Impossible to create in invoice without adding a PO first. Ugh....

Almost the
... See more
I was looking for an invoicing system with currency converter so I downloaded a trial of TO 3000. I am sorry to say this, but this one is the worst piece of software I ever happened to try. Ugly interface, simple processes like adding client's information are made as much complicated as possible. A tool that is designed to help turns to consume so much time to just use it. Sub-projects inside of projects. Impossible to create in invoice without adding a PO first. Ugh....

Almost the same functionaly can be achieved by using ProZ invoicing + "action" tags in your mail client.

But I still wish there was some similar software with simple processes and sexy interface.
Collapse

Oksana Weiss
Oksana Weiss  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2011)
German to English
+ ...
Excel? Aug 27, 2013

Oksana Kondakova wrote:
But I still wish there was some similar software with simple processes and sexy interface.

Don't know about sexy, though. Maybe a large green X may look appealing to you?
On the topic, I did not have patience and time to master TO3000, though I assume once you grip it, it should be a piece of cake:)

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone hate TO3000?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »