Thread poster: LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:16
Russian to English
+ ...
May 31, 2015

Hi. Is there a program that would convert text written in Polish without the diacritical marks into one with the diacritical marks. That would be a wonderful program for people who cannot type in Polish, like me—I mean type properly.

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 07:16
English to German
Polish spellchecker May 31, 2015

LilianNekipelov wrote:

program for people who cannot type in Polish, like me—I mean type properly.

What about a Polish spellchecker?

Ewa Olszowa
Ewa Olszowa  Identity Verified
Canada
Polish to English
+ ...
Polski Word? Jun 1, 2015

Być może polska wersja Worda będzie automatycznie podpowiadać prawidłową pisownię wyrazów. Ostateczną wersję i tak trzeba będzie sprawdzić dokładnie bo są wyrazy, które są prawidłowe i ze znakami i bez np. łada - lada, bąk - bak etc.

LilianNekipelov
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Jun 1, 2015

a spellchecker may actually work, but then i would need a Polish version of Word I guess. Any other ideas? Thank you.

They should invent programs that would convert text without diacritics into one with diacritics—it should not be that hard compared to what IT is capable of doing these days.

[Edited at 2015-06-01 08:14 GMT]

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
You need a Polish spellchecker Jun 1, 2015

and not Polish version of Word.

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:16
Portuguese to English
+ ...
I have one for Romanian Jun 1, 2015

and it's open source and the problem with open source software is that it can be buried quite deep in this world wide web.

But keep looking - I would say open source is your best bet.

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
English to German
No Polish Word needed Jun 1, 2015

LilianNekipelov wrote:

a spellchecker may actually work, but then i would need a Polish version of Word I guess.

You can create texts that contain a mixture of several languages. This implies that you can use several spellcheckers in parallel. Otherwise the possibility to assign language attributes to certain parts of the test was rather pointless.

https://support.office.com/en-SG/article/Check-spelling-and-grammar-in-a-different-language-487fc9ba-a1b4-4911-8fd4-1f5b3e1841f2

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:16
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
Spell checkers Jun 1, 2015

LilianNekipelov wrote:

a spellchecker may actually work, but then i would need a Polish version of Word I guess. Any other ideas? Thank you.

You just need the Polish spellchecker for Word/Windows in any language you already have. In my present case, I have an English spellchecker on my Brazilian Word/Windows.

Previously I had BR Windows, US Word and spell checkers for EN, PT-BR, FR, IT, and ES.

You may try these for Office 2013:
pl-pl
x86 proofingtools_pl-pl-x86.exe - http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/2/0/9209849E-4B62-48C0-9B8D-700C3267FC8D/proofingtools_pl-pl-x86.exe
x64 proofingtools_pl-pl-x64.exe - http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/2/0/9209849E-4B62-48C0-9B8D-700C3267FC8D/proofingtools_pl-pl-x64.exe

For Office 2010: http://www.catonrug.net/2013/03/office-2010-language-packs-proofing-tools-included.html

(I didn't try them, just got the links from Microsoft)

LilianNekipelov
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, kindly Jun 6, 2015

everyone. I really appreciate all the suggestions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Program for diacritical marks-Polish

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »