Thread poster: LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:58
Russian to English
+ ...
Jun 6, 2015

I am really interested in some reliable voice activated software, like the Dragon, sort of, for Polish and Russian, (two different programs) that would type with the diacritical marks in Polish. I usually do not translate into Polish butt sometimes I do people some favors, or help them with some special, usually arts-related short texts, and that would be a lot of help. I type in the Cyrillic but rather slowly, so some software would help, too. i do not want to learn proper typing in other langu... See more
I am really interested in some reliable voice activated software, like the Dragon, sort of, for Polish and Russian, (two different programs) that would type with the diacritical marks in Polish. I usually do not translate into Polish butt sometimes I do people some favors, or help them with some special, usually arts-related short texts, and that would be a lot of help. I type in the Cyrillic but rather slowly, so some software would help, too. i do not want to learn proper typing in other languages, other than English, because it would impact my English typing, by creating confusion.Collapse

Anton Konashenok
Anton Konashenok  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:58
French to English
+ ...
Newton Dictate Jun 7, 2015

Newton Technologies, a Czech company, offers a product called Newton Dictate for Czech, Slovak and Polish. Russian is claimed to be in the works, but it's probably a much harder task than Czech and Polish, so I'm not holding my breath for it. Unfortunately, they don't seem to offer any demos - maybe I ought to pay them a visit on site, they are within half an hour from me.

LilianNekipelov
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Jun 7, 2015

Sure, check them out. I hope their software types with the Polish diacritics. This is a real challenge. Of course, if you are interested in the software yourself as well.

George Hopkins
George Hopkins
Local time: 23:58
Swedish to English
Voice recognition Jun 7, 2015

The following may be of interest in connection with voice activated software; simply ignore the initial advertising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAz_UvnUeuU

The latest versions of Dragon Dictate (UK English) are excellent.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:58
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Yosemite Jun 7, 2015

LilianNekipelov wrote:

I am really interested in some reliable voice activated software, like the Dragon, sort of, for Polish and Russian, (two different programs) that would type with the diacritical marks in Polish. I usually do not translate into Polish butt sometimes I do people some favors, or help them with some special, usually arts-related short texts, and that would be a lot of help. I type in the Cyrillic but rather slowly, so some software would help, too. i do not want to learn proper typing in other languages, other than English, because it would impact my English typing, by creating confusion.

If you had the MacOS you would have Dictation, which comes as part of the package and includes Polish and Russian.

I can't vouch for either of those languages because I don't speak them, but I use the Italian and English all the time and find them excellent.

LilianNekipelov
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, everyone. Jun 8, 2015

Really fascinating options. I have to check them out.

[Edited at 2015-06-08 08:04 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Voice activated software—Polish and Russian

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »