Translation management software for freelancers?
Thread poster: Robin Joensuu
Robin Joensuu
Robin Joensuu  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 04:34
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 14, 2015

Do you know if there are any good alternatives to Translation office 3000? I have seen that some people, in this forum and in other places, either like it a lot don't like it at all. I belong to the latter category. It keeps crashing for me, I can only use it on my own computer (i.e. no online access) and it is a few years old from the look of it. As I work on-site at an IT company as a reviewer half of the week, it would be great if I could find something cloud based.

Any ideas? Ar
... See more
Do you know if there are any good alternatives to Translation office 3000? I have seen that some people, in this forum and in other places, either like it a lot don't like it at all. I belong to the latter category. It keeps crashing for me, I can only use it on my own computer (i.e. no online access) and it is a few years old from the look of it. As I work on-site at an IT company as a reviewer half of the week, it would be great if I could find something cloud based.

Any ideas? Are there for instance any software for project managers that would work for a freelancer as well?

[Edited at 2015-10-14 05:06 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-10-14 05:06 GMT]
Collapse

Eleonora Tondon
Eleonora Tondon  Identity Verified
Italy
Czech to Italian
+ ...
Bitrix24 Oct 14, 2015

Good morning, Robin.

As a Mac user I struggled to find a good translation management software. I found a good alternative to the more traditional ones which is cloud/web based and it is not only for translators but for freelancers and companies: Bitrix24 (https://www.bitrix24.com/). As I said, it is not customed for the translation industry and you have to tailor and custom a lot but it works jus
... See more
Good morning, Robin.

As a Mac user I struggled to find a good translation management software. I found a good alternative to the more traditional ones which is cloud/web based and it is not only for translators but for freelancers and companies: Bitrix24 (https://www.bitrix24.com/). As I said, it is not customed for the translation industry and you have to tailor and custom a lot but it works just fine for me.

Best regards
Eleonora
Collapse

Robin Joensuu
Robin Joensuu  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 14, 2015

Hello Eleonora,

Thank you for the tip! I will definitely check it out.

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
A couple more options Oct 14, 2015

Podio is a free online/cloud based project management tool that's pretty handy. You can give clients access to their individual projects so that they can see where they are in regards to completion, as well as other freelancers for team projects. My wife and I use it a lot on projects where we work together.

My other favorite tool isn't intended for project management use, but for accounting and invoicing. It's called FreshBooks and I use it every day to track time spent on-site, pr
... See more
Podio is a free online/cloud based project management tool that's pretty handy. You can give clients access to their individual projects so that they can see where they are in regards to completion, as well as other freelancers for team projects. My wife and I use it a lot on projects where we work together.

My other favorite tool isn't intended for project management use, but for accounting and invoicing. It's called FreshBooks and I use it every day to track time spent on-site, provide estimates, and pretty much anything related to money.

Both have free versions that are fully functional, are cloud-based, and even come with apps for smartphone users.

I also have a big white board where I write down all our projects
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation management software for freelancers?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »