Egmont Schröder  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:26
Member (2013)
Chinese to German
+ ...
Apr 9, 2016

Hello,

I am using XBench for a while now, and I am quite satisfied with the possibilities of this software.

But there is one problem: I found many instructions about how to perform a spellcheck, but anything about a grammar check. I know that it is possible because once a customer sent me a XBench report with grammatical errors (all false negative).

Can anyone send me a link or tell me how to do it?

Many thanks!

Yunping Yang
Yunping Yang  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 19:26
English to Chinese
+ ...
Here it is... Apr 12, 2016

I ran into the same when I translated with Xbench for a long term. I got a reply from Joseph, an expert with Xbench support team, which might be a way or address the in-question functionality that is indispensible for us during translating as a translator:

"For spell-checking in languages not supported by Xbench but supported by Word or for grammar checking in Word, the new public build adds new functionality that allows to quickly create a Word document and do it there.

... See more
I ran into the same when I translated with Xbench for a long term. I got a reply from Joseph, an expert with Xbench support team, which might be a way or address the in-question functionality that is indispensible for us during translating as a translator:

"For spell-checking in languages not supported by Xbench but supported by Word or for grammar checking in Word, the new public build adds new functionality that allows to quickly create a Word document and do it there.

If you are interested and wish to to try it out before we publish it in the next few days, you can download this development build:

- Xbench 3.0 build 1636 (32 bit): http://www.xbench.net/download/Setup.Xbench.x32.3.0.1363.zip
- Xbench 3.0 build 1363 (64 bit): http://www.xbench.net/download/Setup.Xbench.x64.3.0.1363.zip

This would be the workflow with Studio (it might be similar with other tools):

1. Load your Studio project in Xbench.
2. In Xbench, choose Tools->Export Ongoing Translation to MS Word. A Word document is generated where only the target column is set as proof.
3. Press F7 to start your spell-checking or grammar checking in the Word document.

When you find a typo you wish to fix, select the typo in Word and press Ctrl+Alt+Backspace. The segment (or segments) with the typo should appear in Xbench, then press Ctrl+E to edit the typo in the real segment in Studio. Then press Alt+Tab twice, to get back to Word to continue finding typos."

Hope it helps.

Yang
Collapse

Egmont Schröder
Egmont Schröder  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:26
Member (2013)
Chinese to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 17, 2016

I will try it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Grammar check with XBench

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »