Yves Minssart
Yves Minssart  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:31
German to French
+ ...
Sep 21, 2016

Hello,
I'm looking for a Billing and Invoicing software (if possible in french) easy to use; the most famous in France are EBP and Ciel; could you give me a feed-back about thoses softwares or suggest other ones? I work on PC Windows 10.
Thanks in advance for your answers.

Kindly,

yves minssart

Kelly Venz
Kelly Venz  Identity Verified
France
Member (2010)
French to English
Billing and Invoicing software Sep 21, 2016

Hello Yves,

When I was looking around for Billing & Invoicing software in French I was able to download a free trial of EBP, Ciel, and another one (that I can't remember) so I could try them out for myself for 30 days or so. In the end, I decided on EBP, simply because I liked the interface and was able to perform pretty much any task I could think of with ease (in other words without going through thousands of menus). I also liked the way I could come up with my own template for in
... See more
Hello Yves,

When I was looking around for Billing & Invoicing software in French I was able to download a free trial of EBP, Ciel, and another one (that I can't remember) so I could try them out for myself for 30 days or so. In the end, I decided on EBP, simply because I liked the interface and was able to perform pretty much any task I could think of with ease (in other words without going through thousands of menus). I also liked the way I could come up with my own template for invoices so that I could incorporate my logo & "business" colours, keep track of my expenses as well as any invoices that clients have "forgotten" to pay. Since I do my accounts myself because I am an AE, it does cut down the time spent on paperwork because it is all there.
I guess in the end it is up to you to decide which software suits you best, so I suggest you give the trial versions a go to make your choice.

Good luck!

Kelly

PS Yves, in reply to your message which I deleted by mistake, "to give something a go" means to test or try it

[Edited at 2016-09-21 20:57 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-09-21 20:57 GMT]
Collapse

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Translator-specific Sep 21, 2016

I use Translation Office 3000 for business management (quoting/scheduling/billing) and basic accounting, but I have an accountant who deals with the real accounting part, so I don't know how efficient it is in this area.
Its interface is translated in various languages, including FR I think.
But if you need a proper accounting tool and no job/rate/discount grid/file/FTP/service management utility, then TO300 may not be suitable for your purpose.

Philippe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Billing and Invoicing software

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »