Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Word count PowerPoint 2007
Thread poster: Lingua DK
wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Local time: 19:54
A simple, conventional method Jun 2, 2010

I convert a PPT file into PDF, then copy and paste all texts to a word file, and use word counter.

Gabriela Rodriguez
Gabriela Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks! Apr 13, 2011

Mulyadi Subali wrote:

alt + f + e + p
then click on document properties - advanced properties - statistics

It works! Thanks a lot!
G

Susanna MacKenzie
Susanna MacKenzie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:54
French to English
+ ...
how reliable is the wordcount in ppt 97-2003 Jun 9, 2011

Mulyadi's suggestion did not work for me on a ppt 97-2003 document.
However, right-clicking on the icon of the closed document opens a "Properties" window and I have a wordcount in the Details tab.
In your experience, how reliable is this wordcount?
I suppose I will find out once I have finished my translation, but is there a way of telling beforehand?
Thank you all for your feedback.
Best regards,
Susanna

Mulyadi Subali wrote:
... See more
Mulyadi's suggestion did not work for me on a ppt 97-2003 document.
However, right-clicking on the icon of the closed document opens a "Properties" window and I have a wordcount in the Details tab.
In your experience, how reliable is this wordcount?
I suppose I will find out once I have finished my translation, but is there a way of telling beforehand?
Thank you all for your feedback.
Best regards,
Susanna

Mulyadi Subali wrote:

alt + f + e + p
then click on document properties - advanced properties - statistics [/quote]

It works! Thanks a lot!
G [/quote]
Collapse

Daniel Jeory
Daniel Jeory
Local time: 00:54
Member (2003)
German to English
...what about Trados analysis counts? Nov 4, 2011

Hi friends. Thanks to Ryan for his excellent post regarding PowerPoint word counts. I always suspected there was a huge discrepancy in the tool, but never for one moment imagined that punctuation was being included in the word counts...(!)

Until recently, I used to use the Trados analysis for my PowerPoint word counts, but I now suspect these counts are equally inaccurate.

From now on, I think I'll use PractiCount even though it takes a little longer - simply in terms
... See more
Hi friends. Thanks to Ryan for his excellent post regarding PowerPoint word counts. I always suspected there was a huge discrepancy in the tool, but never for one moment imagined that punctuation was being included in the word counts...(!)

Until recently, I used to use the Trados analysis for my PowerPoint word counts, but I now suspect these counts are equally inaccurate.

From now on, I think I'll use PractiCount even though it takes a little longer - simply in terms of workflow.

Can anyone confirm, however, that the Trados analyses are indeed inaccurate or do they tend to be ok??

Thanx
C
Collapse

Yulia Absari
Yulia Absari  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 06:54
Indonesian to English
+ ...
Shortcut in ppt is working Nov 12, 2011

To mas Mulyadi Subali,

Thank you so much for the shortcut! It really works!

flacawitch
flacawitch
Local time: 00:54
Create a macro Oct 31, 2012

You could create a macro that counts just words which the statistics don't do. The statistics also cound punctuation marks.

Here the code for the Macro:

count=Application.Activepresentation.Builtindocumentproperties.Item("Number of Words").value *All this is one line

Next line
Msgbox("The number of words is ") & count.

I hope this helps

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word count PowerPoint 2007

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »