Transit Nxt (pro) crashes... Again. Restore options?
Thread poster: Campman
Campman
Campman  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:24
English to Dutch
+ ...
Apr 12, 2018

Transit Nxt (Pro) has crashed quite often the past year (I get a Windows message saying something like "breakpoint set by user. The software is no longer working. Looking for a solution... No solution found". (Windows never finds solutions in these situations, but that's another story).

Last crash was more serious than the previous ones. I lost a lot of settings - no more self-defined views, I had to define my user role at startup, the list of "recent projects" no longer displays a
... See more
Transit Nxt (Pro) has crashed quite often the past year (I get a Windows message saying something like "breakpoint set by user. The software is no longer working. Looking for a solution... No solution found". (Windows never finds solutions in these situations, but that's another story).

Last crash was more serious than the previous ones. I lost a lot of settings - no more self-defined views, I had to define my user role at startup, the list of "recent projects" no longer displays at startup, the dictionary I use for spell check cannot be found.

Do these settings make a package in one file?
Is there a way to restore?
Why does this happen?
Does anyone have the same experience that Transit NXT (Pro) crashes more and more often?
Collapse

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
Backup Jun 1, 2018

You can setup an automated backup for the folder transit nxt\config\
Crash may be caused by corrupted profiles. Since there are several such files, I'd back up the complete folder.

And I would also suggest updating Transit or reinstalling the service pack, even if it's already installed. Often such problems are caused by Windows updates.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit Nxt (pro) crashes... Again. Restore options?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »