Participation needed for answering questions regarding cloud-based TM systems for a presentation
Thread poster: Rosie Alicia
Rosie Alicia
Rosie Alicia
Germany
Local time: 15:55
Russian to English
+ ...
Jan 9, 2019

Note: I originally posted this thread under the Post-editing & Machine Translation forum but it has been made known to me that that was likely the incorrect forum to be posting under, hence the reposting here. I will delete the original.

Hi everyone,

I'm a first-year masters student for translation studies at the university of Heidelberg and I am in the process of gathering research and data for a presentation I will be giving on the subject of cloud-based transl
... See more
Note: I originally posted this thread under the Post-editing & Machine Translation forum but it has been made known to me that that was likely the incorrect forum to be posting under, hence the reposting here. I will delete the original.

Hi everyone,

I'm a first-year masters student for translation studies at the university of Heidelberg and I am in the process of gathering research and data for a presentation I will be giving on the subject of cloud-based translation memory systems. If would be very grateful to anyone with a few spare minutes and interest in answering the following questions. Please feel free to answer the questions as briefly or in-depth as you like. All information given will be handled confidentially. Feel free to skip any questions you'd prefer not to answer. To make things a bit briefer, I will from this point on be referring to cloud-based translation memory systems by the abbreviation CBTM.

Thank you to any and all who participate. I am really looking forward to reading your answers. Most importantly, have fun!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are your language paris? In which translation field(s) do you operate?

What are some of the advantages and disadvantages you have experienced from using CBTMs?

Which CBTM(s) do you use? Would you recommend it/them to others? Why?/Why not?

Have you experience with other CBTMs?

What would you like to see from CBTMs in the future?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Participation needed for answering questions regarding cloud-based TM systems for a presentation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »