Thread poster: Conor Murphy
Conor Murphy
Conor Murphy  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:15
German to English
Jan 5, 2021

Hi everyone,

I'm doing an exam later this month and no on-line resources are allowed - hard copies only.

Any recommendations especially for current law dictionaries, as well as general dictionaries? (Langenscheidt probably in the latter instance).

Thanks for your suggestions.

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:15
German to English
Some suggestions Jan 6, 2021

You might look into updates of
Dietl/Lorenz, Wörterbuch für Recht, Wirtschaft und Politik, Vol. II Dictionary of Legal, Commercial and Political Terms

Romain/Byrd/Thielecke, Wörterbuch der Rechts-und Wirtschaftssprache, Vol. 2 Dictionary of Legal and Commercial Terms

I've also gotten a lot of use from
Hamblock/Wessels, Großwörterbuch Wirtschaftsenglisch

I haven't bought hardcopy dictionaries is years, so I don't know about the availability
... See more
You might look into updates of
Dietl/Lorenz, Wörterbuch für Recht, Wirtschaft und Politik, Vol. II Dictionary of Legal, Commercial and Political Terms

Romain/Byrd/Thielecke, Wörterbuch der Rechts-und Wirtschaftssprache, Vol. 2 Dictionary of Legal and Commercial Terms

I've also gotten a lot of use from
Hamblock/Wessels, Großwörterbuch Wirtschaftsenglisch

I haven't bought hardcopy dictionaries is years, so I don't know about the availability of updated editions of the above.

You might check Kater-Verlag regarding availability.
Best of luck!
Collapse

Conor Murphy
Conor Murphy  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:15
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Much appreciated Kevin Jan 7, 2021

I went for the Hamblock/Wessels, Großwörterbuch Wirtschaftsenglisch. Reasonably priced for the UK. And decided to get an older edition of the Dietl. New edition just out, but at 160.00 sterling I reckoned the older one would do at a fraction of the cost

Thanks again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Good hard copy editions of GermanEnglish law and general dictionaries

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »