Voice-over price (Spain)
Thread poster: CelesteDomingue
May 10, 2012

Hello,
I have been offered a small voice-over job (200 words approx). What is the standard rate for this sort of job? Any advice on pricing would be welcome.

Noni Gilbert Riley
Noni Gilbert Riley
Spain
Local time: 20:46
Spanish to English
+ ...
Minimum rates May 10, 2012

Considerations:

Are you going to have to travel?
Will you be billing (this will take as long as for 2 million words!)?
It's not a question of number of words anyway, but the time it takes you to do the voiceover.

I bill by the hour for time spent actually doing the voiceover (I'm not bad now after some years, but still have to do several takes occasionally, especially time is an issue and you have to cram a lot of words into a small space). I also factor in
... See more
Considerations:

Are you going to have to travel?
Will you be billing (this will take as long as for 2 million words!)?
It's not a question of number of words anyway, but the time it takes you to do the voiceover.

I bill by the hour for time spent actually doing the voiceover (I'm not bad now after some years, but still have to do several takes occasionally, especially time is an issue and you have to cram a lot of words into a small space). I also factor in travelling time if the voiceover time is short.

Remember that you will also spend time studying the text - however good your "sightreading" is, you're far more likely to stumble if you are not familiar with the text. And of course there may be complex technical terms, which you won't even know how to pronounce...

I haven't got a straight answer for you, but a strong warning: DON'T UNDERCHARGE!
Collapse

CelesteDomingue
CelesteDomingue
TOPIC STARTER
Voice-over price (Spain) May 10, 2012

Thank you very much for your answer, it's been of great help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Kristina Radziulyte[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Voice-over price (Spain)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »