Recording session: how much to charge?
Thread poster: transpreter
transpreter
transpreter
Local time: 03:41
Persian (Farsi) to English
Jan 11, 2007

I've been asked to participate in the video-recording of a transcript to be used for interpreter traning purposes --my part would be playing the role of the interpreter. The session might take anywhere from 5 to 8 hours. How much should I charge the agency?

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:41
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Charge your usual interpreting rate per hour or per day Jan 11, 2007

Hello,

I'd suggest you charge your usual interpreting rate per hour or, even better, per day as this seems to amount to a whole-day assignment. Also, do not forget to bill the client for any travel expenses incurred.

Steffen

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:41
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Not a little Jan 11, 2007

IME voiceover actor rates vary substantially depending on the "fame" of the voice. Even as a non-famous voice you should be able to claim a pretty good hourly rate. Try Googling voiceover rates e.g. ... See more
IME voiceover actor rates vary substantially depending on the "fame" of the voice. Even as a non-famous voice you should be able to claim a pretty good hourly rate. Try Googling voiceover rates e.g. http://www.ksanderson.com/rates.html http://www.thechapelstudios.co.uk/chratesvoiceover.htm

HTH
Chris
Collapse

Jarnail Gill
Jarnail Gill  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 13:11
Member (2006)
English to Punjabi
+ ...
Charge as per the volume of the work Jan 11, 2007

I have done some assignments where first I had to translate the English text into Punjabi and then record the Punjabi text in question-answer format for an online driving test. I charged the client for translations and voice recordings separately on per word rate basis. You can also do the same.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Kristina Radziulyte[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recording session: how much to charge?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »