Thread poster: Anja Wedberg
Anja Wedberg
Anja Wedberg  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:27
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 1, 2017

We have just installed Wordfast 5.1 at work, and one thing is puzzling me.

Some segments disappear when previewing a translated file. All segments are committed and the file is saved - the translations are definitely in the TM, but for some reason they are not shown in the preview. It doesn't matter if I use the Preview File, the live preview function or Save File as Translated.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated!

Anja Wedberg
Poland
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workaround Sep 3, 2017

I found a workaround:

Copy the text that doesn't behave and paste it into Notepad
Paste the new text back into Word and add the file to Wordfast as usual

Not ideal as it includes an extra step, and of course I now get a preview file without the original formatting, but at least it works.

If anyone has a better idea or explanation of why Wordfast behaves like this, please reply to this thread!

For info, the original text was copied from a
... See more
I found a workaround:

Copy the text that doesn't behave and paste it into Notepad
Paste the new text back into Word and add the file to Wordfast as usual

Not ideal as it includes an extra step, and of course I now get a preview file without the original formatting, but at least it works.

If anyone has a better idea or explanation of why Wordfast behaves like this, please reply to this thread!

For info, the original text was copied from a website into a Word document. There must be something in the original file that Wordfast doesn't know how to deal with. The segments that disappeared in the preview were just after links, but I find it hard to think that that's the issue. Could it have something to do with the font or other formatting in the original?
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Please submit a feedback report Sep 4, 2017

Hi Anja,

Thanks for the additional info. This is probably definitely related to copying and pasting HTML formatted text into Word. Please submit a feedback report so developers can investigate the issue (Help tab, Feedback icon).

Thanks!
John

Anja Wedberg
Poland
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Feedback report Sep 5, 2017

Thanks John, feedback report submitted.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translated segments missing from preview file in Wordfast Pro 5

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »