Thread poster: Titus Haennni
Titus Haennni
Titus Haennni  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 09:11
English to French
+ ...
Oct 24, 2017

Pretty self explanatory. I just switched to WF Pro 5 from the 3 version and created my "first" project (a few remote TMs and a file, for an existing client). The software took ages to create the project! And I mean in the order of ten minutes. You could see the progress bar plodding along like an elderly donkey taking a stroll.
I would like to specify the project is nothing out of the ordinary. The file is in the 6 thousand words, and there are 4 online TMs... if that is enough to faze the
... See more
Pretty self explanatory. I just switched to WF Pro 5 from the 3 version and created my "first" project (a few remote TMs and a file, for an existing client). The software took ages to create the project! And I mean in the order of ten minutes. You could see the progress bar plodding along like an elderly donkey taking a stroll.
I would like to specify the project is nothing out of the ordinary. The file is in the 6 thousand words, and there are 4 online TMs... if that is enough to faze the latest iteration of Wordfast PRO, I think I'll start asking for my money back.

I would like to know if there's anything I can do to avoid this in the future. I will be creating quite a few projects to migrate from WF 3 and I'd rather not have to wait for ages each time.
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:11
Member (2006)
French to English
Tech support Oct 30, 2017

Hi DrAT2,

This sounds like something that should be investigated by tech support. Have you submitted a ticket? Include as many details as possible (file types, size, contains images, remote TMs, etc.).

Best,
John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 5 taking ages to create project

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »