Using MyMemory MT with Wordfast
Thread poster: alec_in_France
alec_in_France
alec_in_France
Local time: 14:55
French to English
+ ...
Feb 3, 2021

Has anyone succeeded in using online MyMemory MT for more than just a limited test?

I tried the MyMemory Custom MT connection suggested in the December Wordfast announcements - works impressively well in Pro - but only up to the 600 character per day usage limit. Frustrating!

I've contacted MyMemory support, who are very patient but so far have only suggested a string to use with WF Classic, after first registering with rapidapi.com to obtain api keys. Although a test s
... See more
Has anyone succeeded in using online MyMemory MT for more than just a limited test?

I tried the MyMemory Custom MT connection suggested in the December Wordfast announcements - works impressively well in Pro - but only up to the 600 character per day usage limit. Frustrating!

I've contacted MyMemory support, who are very patient but so far have only suggested a string to use with WF Classic, after first registering with rapidapi.com to obtain api keys. Although a test sentence worked in the MT menu, MT doesn't function on documents.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received!

Alec
Collapse

Philippe Locquet

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:55
English to French
+ ...
account limits Feb 5, 2021

alec_in_France wrote:

only up to the 600 character per day usage limit. Frustrating!

Hi, this issue is frustrating I agree. MyMemory has a built-in limit and since connecting MyMemory in Pro uses the newly added CustmomMT fields, developpers are working to solve this.
At present MyMemory works fully in Wordfast Classic and Wordfast Anywhere, it's just a question of time for it to be solved in Pro.

If you have immediate need for using it, here is a way around: export a GLP with only the txlf and upload it in WFA.
Pretranslate with MyMemory.
Export the GLP and import/update in Pro that's a 10 mins turnaround added to your workflow. Pretranslate speed will be the same or slightly faster in WFA.

Hope this helps in the meantime.

My bests

alec_in_France
alec_in_France
Local time: 14:55
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks - and request for tips on using MyMemory in WF Classic Feb 5, 2021

Thanks Philippe - very useful and it's good to know that I can stop trying to get round the limit in Pro, at least for the moment

I'll certainly try the workaround. I've never used WFA so this will also be interesting...

May I ask a supplementary:

I note that you say MyMemory works fully in WF Classic. Unfortunately, even with very helpful support from the MyMemory team, I haven't succeeded i
... See more
Thanks Philippe - very useful and it's good to know that I can stop trying to get round the limit in Pro, at least for the moment

I'll certainly try the workaround. I've never used WFA so this will also be interesting...

May I ask a supplementary:

I note that you say MyMemory works fully in WF Classic. Unfortunately, even with very helpful support from the MyMemory team, I haven't succeeded in getting it to work.

My query string seems OK because the 'Test' in the MT tab of the menu gave a sensible result - but after I saved the ini setup nothing happens. When checking back in the menu, all the drop boxes in the MT tab say 'No MT' (although MyMemory has disappeared from the choices).

Clearly I am doing something wrong but I am at a loss to know what.

I would be very grateful if you could advise or maybe point me towards somewhere I can find out more info.

Many thanks once again

Alec
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using MyMemory MT with Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »