tmx formats
Thread poster: vajtarget
vajtarget
vajtarget
Spain
Local time: 23:21
English to Spanish
Jun 4, 2012

Hello! I am a bit brand new user of Cat tools. I have some doubts in how to open a tmx file. Don't really know the programme I need. And how to use it. Thanks a lot.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Vaj Jun 4, 2012

vajtarget wrote more or less:
I am new to CAT tools. I don't know how to open a TMX file in OmegaT.

If you just want to see the contents of a TMX file, use Virtaal (not affiliated to OmegaT).

If you want to use the TMX file in OmegaT, simply create a new project from within OmegaT, which will create a project folder for you, and then copy the TMX file to the /tm/ subfolder or the /tm/auto/ subfolder of the newly created project folder.

Where did you get the TMX file?

vajtarget
vajtarget
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
tmx formats Jun 4, 2012

I might not have explain correctly what I want to know. I have a PC and when I create a final document in Omegat I don't have the programme to open it. There is a note that reads TMX file. Which programme do I need to open these files? Thanks for your quick answer.

lidija68
lidija68  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
final document Jun 5, 2012

I didn't quite understand what do you want to do with .tmx file. If you just want to see what is written there, you can open it with wordpad, notepad++ or similar.

Final document in OmegaT is usually placed in the folder "target", has an .odt extension and you can open it with Open Office.

- english is not my working language -

[Modificato alle 2012-06-05 08:37 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
No need to open the TMX file Jun 5, 2012

vajtarget wrote:
I might not have explain correctly what I want to know. I have a PC and when I create a final document in Omegat I don't have the programme to open it. There is a note that reads TMX file. Which programme do I need to open these files?

The translation is in the folder named /target/. The TMX file is not the translation.

What type of file did you translate (i.e. what format was your source file)?

vajtarget
vajtarget
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I got it at the end. Jun 5, 2012

Thanks so much. I was doing something wrong and I kept on opening some files I didnĀ“t need to. Thanks to your advice I am on the right line again.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

tmx formats

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »