Halil Ibrahim Tutuncuoglu
Halil Ibrahim Tutuncuoglu "Бёcäטsع Լîfe's cômplicåtعd eñøugh"
Türkiye
Local time: 19:42
Turkish to English
+ ...
Oct 13, 2010

Hello,

Does any one know the meanings of some sentences in "Queen - Mustapha" Lyrics. It is interesting to hear a song where my father's name "Mustapha " and my name "İbrahim" is used. Thanks in advance.

Mustapha Ibrahim, al havra kris vanin
Allah, Allah, Allah will pray for you.
Mustapha, hey! Mustapha
Mustapha Mustapha - Allah-i na stolei
Mustapha Mustapha - Achtar es na sholei
Mustapha Mustapha - Mohammad dei ya low eshelei
... See more
Hello,

Does any one know the meanings of some sentences in "Queen - Mustapha" Lyrics. It is interesting to hear a song where my father's name "Mustapha " and my name "İbrahim" is used. Thanks in advance.

Mustapha Ibrahim, al havra kris vanin
Mustapha, hey! Mustapha
Mustapha Mustapha - Allah-i na stolei
Mustapha Mustapha - Achtar es na sholei
Mustapha Mustapha - Mohammad dei ya low eshelei
Mustapha,
Ist avil ahiln avil ahiln adhim Mustapha,
Mustapha Ibrahim, achbar ish navin

Vontap ist ahiln avil ahiln adhim Mustapha,
Aleikum Salaam hey!
Collapse

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:42
English to Arabic
+ ...
Gibberish Oct 13, 2010

This isn't Arabic. At first I suspected it may be some other language (looks a bit Hebrew, a bit Farsi), but this site confirms that Freddie Mercury said in an interview that it doesn't mean anything..

http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/13175/2/ASC/

Halil Ibrahim Tutuncuoglu
Halil Ibrahim Tutuncuoglu "Бёcäטsع Լîfe's cômplicåtعd eñøugh"
Türkiye
Local time: 19:42
Turkish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
some comments Oct 14, 2010

Nesrin wrote:

This isn't Arabic. At first I suspected it may be some other language (looks a bit Hebrew, a bit Farsi), but this site confirms that Freddie Mercury said in an interview that it doesn't mean anything..

http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/13175/2/ASC/

Thanks Nasrin,

Some people make the following explanations:

This song is arguably, written in three languages; English, Arabic, and Parsi, which is the language commonly spoken in Iran.

After deeply scrutinizing the song, I deduced that Mustapha Ibrahim is a common Middle Eastern/Arabian name. Being from Israel, and fluently speaking Hebrew, I was able to decipher that: "al havra kris vanin" means approximately: "All friends gather and shout" Allah is the god of Muslim religion, although Freddie himself was Zoroastrian, and not Muslim.

Achtar es na sholei ~~ Now is the time

Mochamut dei ya low eshelei Is probably a part of a prayer aimed at Mohammed, who is believed to have established the Muslim religion.

ai ai ai ai ahelei Is a Zionist folk song, in which ahelei means "my god".

Ist avil ahiln avil ahiln adhim Mustapha, Salaam Aleikum! Is a short prayer, which is used as a greeting to one another.

achbar ish navin ~~ A smart man will understand.

Vontap ist ahiln avil ahiln adhim Mustapha,
Aleikum Salaam hey! ~~ is probably a prayer of farewe

I think in one part of the song he says P.Mohammed (PUH) has brought fresh information. If he has accepted that P.Mohammed (PUH) is the last prophet it looks he accepted Islam before death.

a_jp
a_jp
Japan
Islam? are you nutz? Apr 18

He spent his youth on Zanzibar, before the black revolution and ethnic cleanings, when his family moved to G.B.
On Zanzibar the ruling class was of Arab and other origins, like Iranians. Therefore Arabic, he knew it (he also learned Japanese btw). Zoroastrians on the other hand could speak Farsi on Zanzibar.
Then Queen had also referred religious motifs before, like in '39, which is itself a science-fiction of facing a time paradox of interstellar travel, but "writing letters in the
... See more
He spent his youth on Zanzibar, before the black revolution and ethnic cleanings, when his family moved to G.B.
On Zanzibar the ruling class was of Arab and other origins, like Iranians. Therefore Arabic, he knew it (he also learned Japanese btw). Zoroastrians on the other hand could speak Farsi on Zanzibar.
Then Queen had also referred religious motifs before, like in '39, which is itself a science-fiction of facing a time paradox of interstellar travel, but "writing letters in the sand" is a reference to early christian pilgrims who were writing prayers in the sand.

So yes, he could play with religions quite frivolously.

And now, Tada!

Mustapha is Moses in Arabic.
And Ibrahim is Abraham.
So there it is said, Moses was a star, not just fire.

So he rather converted to Judaism than to Islam. (not really)
Or at least it is an attempted message of support to Palestinian Jews who also know these languages.
Maybe, I mean.

however, another Turkish guy said that those may be Prince Mustafa and grand vizier Ibrahim of Ottomans, who were said to be gays, and were slandered in treason and executed. But that theory is too far from his origins.

So it actually may be a gibberish from sentences learned in his childhood.

The most confusing here is "Allah will pray for you". Who do Allah pray to? Probably, that is some other exclamation which sounds like al-la. I am not sure here.

[Edited at 2024-04-18 10:05 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Meaning of the lyrics

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »