Can anyone tell me what I'm saying to the drivers behind me? :) Need help with bumper sticker
Thread poster: Fotogr4
Fotogr4
Fotogr4
Local time: 17:04
Jan 12, 2011

I recently had the roof replaced on my old Land Rover with a used one and it came with this bumper sticker already attached. Can anyone please tell me what it says and in what language it says it? Just curious what I might be saying to any one following me on the road.

Thanks!

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk114/ccmcnabb/photo.jpg

Samir Sami
Samir Sami
Qatar
Local time: 00:04
Arabic to English
+ ...
Off-topic Jan 12, 2011

This is no Arabic, I believe. Even, it is really hard to figure out what it really means. It could be a reversed "مع" which means "with" in English, with no significance being designed alone.

Hope you'd find the right meaning before things get worse with other drivers.

[Edited at 2011-01-12 09:33 GMT]

Arabic & More
Arabic & More  Identity Verified
Jordan
Arabic to English
+ ...
Hindi? Jan 12, 2011

It looks like it might be Hindi, but I can't say for sure.

Fotogr4
Fotogr4
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 12, 2011

Thank you for your replies! I'll look into Hindi perhaps. If any one else knows what language it might be, please do let me know.

Thanks again!

Fotogr4
Fotogr4
TOPIC STARTER
Found the answer... Jan 12, 2011

Turns out its the symbol for Ohm or Aum... for meditation/peace/prayer etc. written in Devanagari.

Thanks for your replies nonetheless.

[Edited at 2011-01-13 04:19 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can anyone tell me what I'm saying to the drivers behind me? :) Need help with bumper sticker

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »