Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23] >
WATA's Historic Journey
Thread poster: Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
Local time: 00:22
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message of USA May 20, 2003

Dear brothers Abdelouadoud and Amer:

Congratulation for the great accomplishment and appreciation from the depth of my heart for all the good work you have done. Please don’t hesitate to ask if I can be of any service.

Sajjad Hamadani

Arabic > English, Farsi > Hindi, Punjabi > English, Pashto > English

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message of China May 20, 2003

I wish you stunning success!

Sounds & looks fine to me \" The appellation\" . I wish you all a very bright future.

Arthur Borges

French/English Translator

Xiangtan University, China

[Edited at 2003-05-21 19:21]

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message of Arab Club for Media & Information Technologies May 21, 2003

كيف نستطيع المساعدة

مع التحية

النادي العربي لتقنية المعلومات والاعلام

http://www.ac4mit.org/default.asp

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Senior Academic Advisors of WATA -1 May 21, 2003

1) Professor Mona Baker- UK

Mona Baker is Professor of Translation Studies at the University of Manchester, UK. She lectures on various aspects of translation and intercultural studies at the University of Manchester and by invitation at various venues abroad, and supervises a number of PhD students in the area of translation studies. She is co-founder and editorial director of St. Jerome Publishing, a small press specializing in translation studies and cross-cultural commun
... See more
1) Professor Mona Baker- UK

Mona Baker is Professor of Translation Studies at the University of Manchester, UK. She lectures on various aspects of translation and intercultural studies at the University of Manchester and by invitation at various venues abroad, and supervises a number of PhD students in the area of translation studies. She is co-founder and editorial director of St. Jerome Publishing, a small press specializing in translation studies and cross-cultural communication. Apart from numerous papers in scholarly journals and collected volumes, she is author of In Other Words: A Coursebook on Translation (Routledge 1992; reprinted six times); co-editor of Text and Technology: In Honour of John Sinclair (John Benjamins 1993), General Editor of the Routledge Encyclopedia of Translation Studies (Routledge, 199, and Editor of The Translator: Studies in Intercultural Communication, a refereed international journal published by St. Jerome since 1995. She is also co-Vice President of the International Association of Translation and Intercultural Studies (IATIS).

Mona Baker

Personal Website:

http://www.monabaker.com

Resources for Translation Studies

http://www.monabaker.com/tsresources/

[Edited at 2003-05-21 07:34]
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Senior Academic Advisors of WATA -2 May 21, 2003

2) Professor Muhammad Zouheir Samhouri - Syria

Place and Date of birth: Jaffa, 1931

Degrees: License in English Language and Literature, Damascus University (1957). Ph.D. in Linguistics, University of Leeds (1965).

Profession: Professor Emeritus, Damascus University.

Experience:

1) Teaching English grammar, phonetics and linguistics; translation and interpretation - Damascus University.

2) Translation work
... See more
2) Professor Muhammad Zouheir Samhouri - Syria

Place and Date of birth: Jaffa, 1931

Degrees: License in English Language and Literature, Damascus University (1957). Ph.D. in Linguistics, University of Leeds (1965).

Profession: Professor Emeritus, Damascus University.

Experience:

1) Teaching English grammar, phonetics and linguistics; translation and interpretation - Damascus University.

2) Translation work for the UN in Geneva from 1980 -1990.

Head of Translation Departments at Hassan Mahassni Law Office (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (1991- 2001)

3) Simultaneous interpretation at UN conferences from 1980-1990

4) Translation of books on politics and economics for the Gulf Research Center (Dubia) (Six books have been translated during the last two years.)

[email protected]

[Edited at 2003-05-21 07:38]
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Senior Academic Advisors of WATA -3 May 21, 2003

3) Professor Basil Ali Hatim:

Qualifications:

PhD (Linguistics), University of Exeter, UK (1981)

M.A. (App. Ling./TEFL), The American University of Beirut (1976)

Diploma (App. Ling./TESL), University College Bangor, UK (1971)

B.A. (Languages), Baghdad University, Iraq (196

Employment:

1999- Up to the present The American University of Sharjah, UAE

1980 – 1999 Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK

1985-6 University of Salford, UK (Secondment)

1993-4 Jordan University for Women (Secondment)

1976-8 Institute of Petroleum, Tripoli, Libya (TEFL)

1972-3; 1974-5 Universal College, Aley, Lebanon. (TEFL)

1973-4 United World College, UK (Linguistics research)

1968-71 Ministry of Education, Abha, Saudi Arabia (TEFL)

Books Published

Translation Theory

(1) Discourse and the Translator, (with Ian Mason). London: Longman (1990)

(2) The Translator as Communicator (with Ian Mason). Routledge. (1997)

(3) Communication Across Cultures: Translation Theory and Contrastive Text Linguistics, Exeter University Press. (1997)

(4) Teaching & Researching Translation. London: Longman. (2000)

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hello from Ramallah May 21, 2003

Dear Azem,

Hope this e-mail finds you well. I sent you an e-mail few days ago asking you about the mechanism of affiliating to the Association but I did not hear from you. I am very interested to cooperate with you especially that we Palestinian translators in Palestine are besieged and we do not have enough access with the external world. So pls try to help in this field. By the way I told another translator about this issue and she is encouraged to affiliate too.

<
... See more
Dear Azem,

Hope this e-mail finds you well. I sent you an e-mail few days ago asking you about the mechanism of affiliating to the Association but I did not hear from you. I am very interested to cooperate with you especially that we Palestinian translators in Palestine are besieged and we do not have enough access with the external world. So pls try to help in this field. By the way I told another translator about this issue and she is encouraged to affiliate too.

Best regards and keep in touch.

--------------

[Edited at 2003-05-24 13:30]
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No permit needed! May 22, 2003

Thank you very much for sending this announcement. This is a great development, and I applaud your efforts. I hope you will permit me to forward your bulletin about WATA to colleagues who might be interested. Good luck and best wishes.

Shuckran Kamal

-----------

Thank you.

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Arabic Club for Media and Information Technologies May 23, 2003

الأخ الكريم

ما يمكننا مساعدتكم به هو وضع إعلان مجاني لمشروعكم العظيم مجاناً في مواقع النادي وبالنسبة للمساعدة المادية فليس للنادي ميزانية نساعدكم بهافالتمويل يأتي من اشتراكات الاعضاء

مع خالص التحية

... See more
الأخ الكريم

ما يمكننا مساعدتكم به هو وضع إعلان مجاني لمشروعكم العظيم مجاناً في مواقع النادي وبالنسبة للمساعدة المادية فليس للنادي ميزانية نساعدكم بهافالتمويل يأتي من اشتراكات الاعضاء

مع خالص التحية

http://www.ac4mit.org/default.asp

--------------------

نشكركم و نحيي جهودكم و موقعكم الثري و المفيد جدا.

[Edited at 2003-05-25 10:35]
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Exchange of views on Website front page of WATA May 23, 2003

Salam all
Please have a look at this design and send me your feedback.
The text is dummy yet, check the idea and the colors.
Note: AbdelWadoud, I have changed the yellow color.
----------

http://brightvision.net/wata/startpage.htm

Regar
... See more
Salam all
Please have a look at this design and send me your feedback.
The text is dummy yet, check the idea and the colors.
Note: AbdelWadoud, I have changed the yellow color.
----------

http://brightvision.net/wata/startpage.htm

Regards
Bilal
[email protected]
------------------

Salam all,
I find it quite attracting. I like very much the Arab fonts. Concerning the two colours: blue may be interpreted as the sky and the cold intellect colour, brown is the warmth of the earth and of our Sahara sand. It works...
Now some suggestions if you allow me:
1. I would put the Arab title OVER the English one. (the english is precisely: WORLD ARABIC TRANSLATORS' ASSOCIATION, no problem if it's not the literal translation, in this case it's a localized translation to target the non-Arabs who'll understand they're also welcome, that's somehow diplomatic).
2. I don't understand well the image in the circle in the middle of the page, we should work it more...
3. The first webpage should also be our effective entrance page (no intro to skip) once again like ProZ.com and tranlatorscafe and acquarius. You image some visitor who surf on our site 20 time/day will get tired of paginating each time looking for his target.

Thanks Bilal, keep up!
Abdelouadoud
------------

Dear Everybody,
1) No enough women can be seen.
2) “World Association for Arab Translators’ is not, again, the appellation of our association .
3) The hand in the circle sounds as it belongs to a businessman who is dealing with numbers, this is not the case with translators who deal with words, keyboard and dictionaries.
4)I do believe that fellow members, basically Maha Abadleh, should be consulted too.
5) I think if we announce that at ProZ.com and ask other colleagues to add their inputs would be better , to let them feel that their views are of value and importance to us.
Amer
------------

Dear Bilal, Asma...
Thank you for forwarding the web site link. It looks great and the colors are wonderful. If you may allow me I have couple of comments and questions..
1. Name of the organization.. Are we World Arabic Translators? Association (WATA) or what you mentioned in the frame of the first page..
2. Can the people in the picture looking to the world map be holding hands as our aim is to gather all translators together if it's not hard...
3. Are we going to translate all pages or should we include a two buttons one for Arabic and one for English and then add for later phases French and other languages you agree upon
4. Are these the final links on the home page if yes then shouldn't we add (membership, mission and goals, sign in ( and that for member to access
either intranet or databases), Articles, and the useful links on the same page but different than the main links, somewhere in the bottom maybe).

Note: Asma's email is full can someone forward it to her later please (If you catch her online) Thank you.
Thank you for your hard work and it looks wonderful..
All the best
Maha
------------
Salam Amer & Bilal,
I agree with you on the picture matter. I just wanted to say that I disagree on the suggestion to put the translators hand in hand. That's not serious come on.. You see an old translator (PhD perhaps) hand in hand with me.. It may fit a children's game website, but is not serious in our case, although the idea is gentle and... feminine

By the way, what about the logo? We seem to have forgetten that matter, an abstract geometric perhaps logo could fit well, if you agree...

Salam
Ouadoud
-----------
You are right Ouadoud. You made me laugh!
-----------
السلام عليكم
أنا أوافق على ما قلته أخي عبد الودود
على كل سوف أنقل كل الملاحظات إلى المصمم إن شاء الله وهو يعالجها
لا أدري بالنسبة للوغو
هل تريدونه مرسوماً أم على الكمبيوتر ؟
هل لديكم فكرة مبدئية عن اللوغو ؟ إسم بالعربية؟

السلام عليكم
بلال
-----------
Please forgive my answering in English. It's just a question of keyboard on my laptop. Anyhow an Arab logo would be much welcome, you've got to solve the visualisation problem on computers that do not show Arab fonts unless you put it as a gif or jpeg.. We had once some suggestions but I think they were all in latin alphabet..
Salam bros.
Abdelouadoud
-------------

أليست حكايتنا حكاية جميلة؟!;) برغم أننا نسطرهاجميعا بالدم و السهر و العرق

[Edited at 2003-05-28 21:31]
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message of Egypt May 24, 2003

Dear Mr. Amer,

I would gladly like to participate in this great and important event,

I here send you my C.V., as attachment, I hope that I can help,

I already have a glossary, but not much, so I can send it any way if it will help.

Sahar

Egypt

------------

Dear Sahar,

You CV is just terrific. You are a multitalented and qualified translator and writer.

I think you can take your role if you are w
... See more
Dear Mr. Amer,

I would gladly like to participate in this great and important event,

I here send you my C.V., as attachment, I hope that I can help,

I already have a glossary, but not much, so I can send it any way if it will help.

Sahar

Egypt

------------

Dear Sahar,

You CV is just terrific. You are a multitalented and qualified translator and writer.

I think you can take your role if you are willing so and once we have your vision about what kind of contribution you can make to our association.

If you are interested in our project for children literature, you can start to collect data and studies at:

http://www.ricochet-jeunes.org/eng/biblio/index.htm

We look for sincere, proactive and enthusiastic colleagues like you.

N.B.She is a diligent and productive writer and a winner of \"Award of Arkasas University Press for Arab Literature in Translation\".

We are proud that you are on board, really.

[Edited at 2003-05-27 21:11]
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ملاحظاتك البناءة مهمة أيضا لنا May 27, 2003

السلام عليكم،

أرجو من الجميع إبداء الملاحظات النهائية لتعديل التصميم مرة واحدة وأخيرة.

http://brightvision.net/wata/

الملاحظات التي وصلتني:

· إيضاح صور النساء في الصورة العلوية

· تبديل الصورة في الوسط لتعكس
... See more
السلام عليكم،

أرجو من الجميع إبداء الملاحظات النهائية لتعديل التصميم مرة واحدة وأخيرة.

http://brightvision.net/wata/

الملاحظات التي وصلتني:

· إيضاح صور النساء في الصورة العلوية

· تبديل الصورة في الوسط لتعكس مترجماً بدل أن تعكس صورة رجل أعمال

· تصحيح العبارة بالإنكليزية

· زيادة الروابط في الدائرة في الوسط

· تبديل اللون الأصفر السفلي

إذا كانت هذه هي الملاحظات النهائية فأرجو من الجميع الموافقة كي اطلب من الرجل تعديل هذه الأمور مرة واحدة وأخيرة

البارحة كانت المحاضرة جيدة والحمد لله وذكرت طريقة عمل WATA المنفتحة وأبدى البعض إعجابهم.

http://www.brightvision.net/dcat/

السلام عليكم

بلال

--------------------

أخي ...أختي

إن كنت تود أن تدلي برأيك بملاحظة تختلف عما ذكر أعلاه ، نرجو مراسلة الأخ بلال على بريده إلكتروني في مدة أقصاها يومان:

[email protected]

[Edited at 2003-05-27 06:38]
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message of France May 27, 2003

الاخ العزيز عامر

سبق أن أرسلت رسالة الكترونية على عنوان مشروع القاموس العربي الرائد الذي تضطلع فيه بدور هام كما علمت. وإني إذ أتمنى لك ولفريقك التوفيق والنجاح وخلوص النية وصدق العزم، فإنني أعرب عن كامل استعدادي للمساهمة معكم والانضمام إلى جهدكم المبارك إن شاء الله عل
... See more
الاخ العزيز عامر

سبق أن أرسلت رسالة الكترونية على عنوان مشروع القاموس العربي الرائد الذي تضطلع فيه بدور هام كما علمت. وإني إذ أتمنى لك ولفريقك التوفيق والنجاح وخلوص النية وصدق العزم، فإنني أعرب عن كامل استعدادي للمساهمة معكم والانضمام إلى جهدكم المبارك إن شاء الله علماً بأني أعمل مترجمة في منظمة دولية وما زلت أعمل في هذا المجال منذ12عاما.

إن هذا التشجيع والمؤازرة التي يلقاها مشروعكم الطيب من كل مكان لهي خير دليل على حسن النية وصدق العزم، فإلى الأمام جحافل المبدعين المشرأبين إلى مجد يطل من بعيد ويعد بمستقبل سديد.. بإذن الله

مع خالص الشكر والدعاء
--------------
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
أختي العزيزة،
أشكرك على رسالتك اللطيفة و أتمنى أن تنضمي إلى هذه التظاهرة التاريخية التي يسطر فيها المترجمون العرب أروع إنجازاتهم. يؤسفني أنني لم أتلقى تلك الرسالة أو لا أذكر متى بعثتيها.
على أي حال
من الرائع أن تنضم شخصية بخبراتك و نتمنى أن تلعبي دورك الذي يجب على كل غيور على لغته و تاريخه أن يلعبه.
لا أدري أن كان لديك مسرد من إعدادك أم ستحددين المجال الذي ترغبين و من ثم ستقوم الأخت ولاء الغرباوي التي يظهر بريدها أعلاه بإرسال مسرد في مجالك المفضل.
أرجو أن أسمع منك أو تراسلي الأخت ولاء
و أهلا بك أختا رفيقة درب و زميلة مخلصة.

أخوك عامر
---------
سأسافر لبضعة أيام وأعود بإذن الله الاثنين القادم حيث سأبدأ العمل على المسرد فوراً وأرسله حالما أتمكن من ذلك.

قد أرسلت التصميم المقترح للأخ بلال ولك وأرجو موافاتي بأية ملاحظات لديكم عنه.

في رعاية المولى وحفظه
----------
هذا تصميمها:
http://brightvision.net/wata/3.html

حقيقة تصميم رائع أثنى عليه معظم الأعضاء الخمسة عشر، أعضاء الفريق التنفيذي، علما أنها صممته في أقل من يوم و معرفتنا بها لا تزيد عن ثلاثة أيام. تخيلوا كم العرب مدهشون و مبادرون!

[Edited at 2003-06-01 08:27]
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message of Egypt May 28, 2003

السيد العزيز:
انا طالب في الدراسات العليافي جامعة القاهرة من المهتمين جدا بهذا المشروع انطلاقا من اهداف علمية بحته تكون كمشروع علمي وانا منهم لذلك يسعدني العمل في هذا المجال اما بياناتي فهي كالتالي
كنت اعمل باحث سياسي فس مركز الخليج للدراسات الاستراتيجية .
كيف يمك
... See more
السيد العزيز:
انا طالب في الدراسات العليافي جامعة القاهرة من المهتمين جدا بهذا المشروع انطلاقا من اهداف علمية بحته تكون كمشروع علمي وانا منهم لذلك يسعدني العمل في هذا المجال اما بياناتي فهي كالتالي
كنت اعمل باحث سياسي فس مركز الخليج للدراسات الاستراتيجية .
كيف يمكن الاشتراك في المشروع ؟ انا احد المتحمسيين للمشروع ولكن يمكن التوضيح اكثر حول كيفية الاشتراك وطبيعة العمل الذي يمكن ان نقوم به؟
لكن يمكن ان تعتبرني من الاشخاص المتحمسين جدا لاي عمل يساهم في بناء مجتمعاتنا،
شكرا
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message of Libya May 29, 2003

الأخوة والأخوات
جمعية المترجمين العرب
تحية ليبية
أبارك لكم هذه الجمعية
وإليكم ترجمة من نوع آخر لما يحاك الأن من دسائس
مع رجاء تعميم الملف المرفق علي الأعضاء الكرام

أخوكم
فتحي العريبي
www.fathielareibi.com
فنان وكاتب تشكيلي ليبي
بنغازي

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WATA's Historic Journey

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »