waleed qumsieh
waleed qumsieh
Spain
Local time: 18:51
Spanish to Arabic
+ ...
Feb 23, 2003

Hi !

I just start working as a freelance translator. I am living in Spain and I need any Web to buy the Microsoft Office 98 in Arabic.

Thank you very much for your help.

Waleed

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 09:51
English to Arabic
+ ...
Forget Arabic MS Windows 98... MS Windows XP (includes Arabic Support) Feb 24, 2003

Greetings... taHaiya Tayyiba wa b3ad...

Hiyaak Allah.

Re your post in < proz.com > about getting Arabic MS Windows 98.

Bainanii wa bainak, at this point in time, you would benefit much more by getting MS Windows XP and installing that as your computer\'s OS, then selecting and adding the integral Arabic support that is included in the basic CD for XP.

The bidirectional Arabic language support in XP is much more
... See more
Greetings... taHaiya Tayyiba wa b3ad...

Hiyaak Allah.

Re your post in < proz.com > about getting Arabic MS Windows 98.

Bainanii wa bainak, at this point in time, you would benefit much more by getting MS Windows XP and installing that as your computer\'s OS, then selecting and adding the integral Arabic support that is included in the basic CD for XP.

The bidirectional Arabic language support in XP is much more reliable and usable than what is (was) in the customized edition of bilingual-only Arabic MS Windows 98 (zebaalat qadiima, bilmarra). Glad to help if you have technical questions... ahalan wa sahalan.

Hope this helps.

Khair, in sha\' Allah.

Regards from Los Angeles,

Stephen H. Franke

(Beta tester, MS Arabic Beta Program 1996-present)
Collapse

Dustin Langan
Dustin Langan  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:51
Arabic to English
+ ...
Muwaafiq Feb 24, 2003

Waleed,

I am also starting to get serious about translation and I have some of the same problems and questions that you do. This said, I have to agree with Mr. Franke: we both need to leave Windows 98 behind and buy Windows XP.

On another note Waleed, if you would like to contact me via email with any other questions or ideas for beginning your translation work, I would be happy to oblige. We may have internet links, addresses, and contact information
... See more
Waleed,

I am also starting to get serious about translation and I have some of the same problems and questions that you do. This said, I have to agree with Mr. Franke: we both need to leave Windows 98 behind and buy Windows XP.

On another note Waleed, if you would like to contact me via email with any other questions or ideas for beginning your translation work, I would be happy to oblige. We may have internet links, addresses, and contact information that could be mutually beneficial.

In any case, good luck.

Salaam
Collapse

Tharaa Hafez
Tharaa Hafez
Egypt
Local time: 19:51
Arabic to English
+ ...
Windows 2000 Feb 24, 2003

Another proposal that I personaly used , Windows 2000 . It\'s a great solution .

Good luck and always at your diposal .

Saraa El Sayed Hafez

[email protected]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I\'m looking for the Microsoft 98 in Arabic

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »