Jitka Komarkova (Mgr.)
Jitka Komarkova (Mgr.)  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 22:46
English to Czech
+ ...
Sep 19, 2022

Dear colleagues,
I am desperately in need of help. I have never encountered this before but there's a first time for everything...
I downloaded an xliff file from XTM in a standard way (Open file manager - Generate). I translated the file in Trados Studio 2021 (half of it). Now trying to upload the file in XTM, I get a failure and "File corrupted" info.
Any idea what might be wrong ad how to push it in, please?
Many thanks for your help!
All the best
Jitka

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:46
English to Russian
Try again Sep 19, 2022

XTM is only available for me when I get an assignment. Now I don't have one, therefore just two theoretical tips. First, you can try to download your xliff from XTM again and run the pre-translate batch task in Trados, then try to import it into XTM again. Second, open both xliff files with Notepad and compare their language codes. Trados sometimes changes the code like in case of Smartcat xliff files for example. Probably, Trados has changed the XTM language code somehow. Check it and if they a... See more
XTM is only available for me when I get an assignment. Now I don't have one, therefore just two theoretical tips. First, you can try to download your xliff from XTM again and run the pre-translate batch task in Trados, then try to import it into XTM again. Second, open both xliff files with Notepad and compare their language codes. Trados sometimes changes the code like in case of Smartcat xliff files for example. Probably, Trados has changed the XTM language code somehow. Check it and if they are different, edit the Trados xliff to read as in XTM xliff.Collapse

Jitka Komarkova (Mgr.)
Jitka Komarkova (Mgr.)  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 22:46
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you. no success. Sep 19, 2022

Hi Stepan, thank you for your reply.
This was the first thing I did. Without success.
Stepan Konev wrote:
First, you can try to download your xliff from XTM again and run the pre-translate batch task in Trados, then try to import it into XTM again.

And now I tried this as well but it seems that the language code is the same in both files
Stepan Konev wrote:
Second, open both xliff files with Notepad and compare their language codes. Trados sometimes changes the code like in case of Smartcat xliff files for example. Probably, Trados has changed the XTM language code somehow. Check it and if they are different, edit the Trados xliff to read as in XTM xliff.

[Edited at 2022-09-19 12:37 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XTM - Trados Studio 2021 - "file corrupted" when importing back to XTM

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »