Thread poster: aivars
aivars
aivars  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 11, 2005

1) Do you know how to set up the sentence breaks in order to break syllables Spanish style¿ [It seems to be configured for EN breaks?

2) Certain headers seem to be also fixed and cannot be translated just like that. Do you know where to go to able to change said headers?

Thx for any suggestion.

Klaus Herrmann
Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:24
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
FrameMaker basics Feb 11, 2005

aivars wrote:
1) Do you know how to set up the sentence breaks in order to break syllables Spanish style¿ [It seems to be configured for EN breaks?

The language setting is part of the paragraph format - Ctrl-M.

2) Certain headers seem to be also fixed and cannot be translated just like that. Do you know where to go to able to change said headers?

If you can't change the headers they are probably defined as variables. Some links to get you started:
http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.asp?p=25007&seqNum=6
http://www.google.de/search?q=framemaker%20paragraph%20variable

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Local time: 08:24
English to Russian
Select View - Master pages/Reference pages Feb 11, 2005

aivars wrote: 2) Certain headers seem to be also fixed and cannot be translated just like that. Do you know where to go to able to change said headers?

If you are translating straight in FM (are you really?) in the menu line Select 'View' -> Master pages/Reference pages. Most likely you will see what you neede to translate there.
HTH
Alex

Annette van der Lei (X)
Annette van der Lei (X)
Spain
Local time: 07:24
French to Dutch
+ ...
Need a bit of help with changing a few text lines Mar 30, 2005

I tried reference/master, but that´s not the answer...
I opened the Paragraph Designer and could change things such as Section, example etc (Numbering) in the left column, but I don´t know how to change a few text lines right under the Title (heading 0). I think it´s text written inside a cell. (not a table!)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adobe FrameMaker 7.0 question

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »