How to realize 100% converion from .pdf to .doc or .rtf in characters and format?
Thread poster: Roy Zhang
Roy Zhang
Roy Zhang
Local time: 13:36
English to Chinese
+ ...
Apr 1, 2005

Dear fellows,

Is there any tool or process for this conversion? This can be a very help solution to many localization projects.

Thank you for your input!

Best regards,

Roy

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:36
English to German
+ ...
Howto & forum search Apr 1, 2005

Hi Roy,
This is probably one of the most frequently discussed issues in this forum - use the new forum search to find numerous topics.

There's also a Howto on the subject, which has been put together by Natalia, a fellow moderator.

HTH, Ralf

Vulpe
Vulpe
Local time: 08:36
English to Romanian
Readiris Pro 8 Apr 1, 2005

This is a good conversion program particularly for format. It converts from any image file such as .pdf, .jpg, .tif etc. into .rtf. It's good for English and some other several languages: Arabic, Frech, something like that. You can download the free demo for 30 days. Make a search on the Internet. Hope it will help you.

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Time for a sticky Apr 1, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Roy,
This is probably one of the most frequently discussed issues in this forum - use the new forum search to find numerous topics.

There's also a Howto on the subject, which has been put together by Natalia, a fellow moderator.

HTH, Ralf

Does this forum support stickies? If so, I think it's about time to make a PDF sticky.

Balasubramaniam L.
Balasubramaniam L.  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 11:06
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
PDF to Word conversion Apr 2, 2005

I tried one of the conversion programmes (BCL) but encountered two problems:

1. Each line of the word document or each paragraph is converted into a new text box. In a large document, joinig these text boxes together manually can be a pain.

2. The programme failed to convert Hindi text properly, giving junk instead. It is probably not unicode compatible.

Are there any solutions to these? Are these problems common to all pdf-word converters or only to the on
... See more

1. Each line of the word document or each paragraph is converted into a new text box. In a large document, joinig these text boxes together manually can be a pain.

2. The programme failed to convert Hindi text properly, giving junk instead. It is probably not unicode compatible.

Are there any solutions to these? Are these problems common to all pdf-word converters or only to the one I used?

Regards,
Balasubramaniam
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Lines ending in paragraph marks Apr 13, 2005

Balasubramaniam wrote:

Are there any solutions to these? Are these problems common to all pdf-word converters or only to the one I used?

Regards,
Balasubramaniam

At least the first problem you mention is definitely common with PDF, as it is my understanding that each line in a PDF file ends with a paragraph mark. One more reason to ask the client for the original files, if you ask me.

Regards,
Benjamin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to realize 100% converion from .pdf to .doc or .rtf in characters and format?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »