Sophie Dzhygir
Sophie Dzhygir  Identity Verified
Francia
Local time: 00:04
Da Tedesco a Francese
+ ...
Nov 3, 2011

Hi all,

I am a new user of Dragon; I hope my questions have not been answered before, at least I couldn't find the answers...

1/ Do you know how to set Dragon to use unbreakable spaces instead of simple spaces, for instance with some punctuations signs?

2/ How can I change definitely the spelling of a word that already exists in the vocabulary? For instance, "cœur" is recognized fine, but it is spelled "coeur". I have corrected it but Dragon keeps writing
... See more
Hi all,

I am a new user of Dragon; I hope my questions have not been answered before, at least I couldn't find the answers...

1/ Do you know how to set Dragon to use unbreakable spaces instead of simple spaces, for instance with some punctuations signs?

2/ How can I change definitely the spelling of a word that already exists in the vocabulary? For instance, "cœur" is recognized fine, but it is spelled "coeur". I have corrected it but Dragon keeps writing "coeur". Where can I change that? Haven't found it

Thanks in advance!
Collapse

David Turnbull
David Turnbull
Regno Unito
Local time: 23:04
Da Italiano a Inglese
Don't know but interested! Nov 3, 2011

As far as I can tell there is no way to use a hard (non-breaking/unbreakable) space using Dragon Naturally Speaking 11. All the things I've seen online refer to earlier versions, though it would be quite puzzling if they had removed this function in the latest version.

It would be really useful, so I hope someone can enlighten us.

heikeb
heikeb  Identity Verified
Membro (2003)
Da Inglese a Tedesco
+ ...
Dictionary modification Nov 3, 2011

Sophie Dzhygir wrote:

2/ How can I change definitely the spelling of a word that already exists in the vocabulary? For instance, "cœur" is recognized fine, but it is spelled "coeur". I have corrected it but Dragon keeps writing "coeur". Where can I change that? Haven't found it

Thanks in advance!

You can edit the dictionary. Delete the undesired spelling and add the word in the preferred spelling.

[Edited at 2011-11-03 17:24 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unbreakable space + change of spelling [Dragon]

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »