Kjetil Holm  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 05:25
Member (2020)
German to Norwegian
+ ...
Mar 19, 2006

Hi,

I use Trados 6.5 Freelance. Having done a translation of a XML-file in TagEditor, I got the message that the file didn´t open on the Internet when the client tried to do this. The reason was the following error message:

"The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and
then click the Refresh button, or try again later."

In addition, there was a reference to the spot in the text where
... See more
Hi,

I use Trados 6.5 Freelance. Having done a translation of a XML-file in TagEditor, I got the message that the file didn´t open on the Internet when the client tried to do this. The reason was the following error message:

"The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and
then click the Refresh button, or try again later."

In addition, there was a reference to the spot in the text where the error was supposed to be. It´s a tag error, where end tag doesn´t match start tag. However, I couldn´t find the error in the text.

The question is if there are alternative ways og handling such a problem, other than searching for the tag error in the text. Also, it´s a big file, and going through everything in desperate search of the mistake is an almost impossible task ...
Collapse

Robert Zawadzki (X)
Robert Zawadzki (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:25
English to Polish
+ ...
You should use some specialized software Mar 19, 2006

XML editors have tools to help locate such errors. I use MS Visual Studio. If you send me a file, I can help you locate an error.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5 Freelance and XML-files

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »