Editing a segment after successful Find operation
Thread poster: Boris Marciuš
Boris Marciuš
Boris Marciuš
Croatia
Local time: 11:43
English to Croatian
Dec 3, 2022

I am trying Wordfast 5 Pro in Demo mode. My final reading is always in Word. So I frequently need to locate a segment I want to change in Wordfast. But after locating the segment with 'Find', I need to close the 'Find' window with the escape key, then use a mouse to click the segment I want to edit. Is there any way to focus the cursor on the found segment with the keyboard only? Moving my hand from the keyboard to the mouse and back is slowing me down a lot.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:43
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Not that I know of Dec 4, 2022

Boris Marciuš wrote:
But after locating the segment with 'Find', I need to close the 'Find' window with the escape key, then use a mouse to click the segment I want to edit.

This irks me as well. A lot of things in WFP7 work only with the mouse. E.g. if a dialog pops up asking a Yes/No question or with an OK/Cancel button, you can't select the other button by pressing the left or right arrow, as you would be able to in many other programs, and there is no indication which of the two buttons is the hot one (i.e. which one will be activated when you press Enter).

[Edited at 2022-12-04 11:05 GMT]

Boris Marciuš

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing a segment after successful Find operation

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »