Stranica u temi:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147] >
Off topic: 泰晤士(TIMES)四合院儿
Postavljač teme: QHE
ysun  Identity Verified
Sjedinjene Američke Države
Local time: 12:25
engleski na kineski
+ ...
Jack-o'-lanterns Oct 26, 2014

QHE wrote:

青面獠牙 can keep the doctor away!

QHE,

Jack-o'-lanterns can keep the evil spirits away!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween
Symbols
Development of artifacts and symbols associated with Halloween formed over time. Jack-o'-lanterns are traditionally carried by guisers on All Hallows' Eve in order to frighten evil spirits.



http://www.proz.com/post/2356709#2356709


Direct link Reply with quote
 
ysun  Identity Verified
Sjedinjene Američke Države
Local time: 12:25
engleski na kineski
+ ...
钟馗 Oct 26, 2014

wherestip wrote:

Incidentally, just the other day I watched an episode of "Land of the Dragon" on PBS that was about Peking Opera. It touched on some of the masks and what their color signified, e.g., 关公(红)、曹操(白)、包青天(黑), etc.


photo from http://www.jaadee.com/zaxiang/26907.html


Direct link Reply with quote
 

David Lin  Identity Verified
Ujedinjeno Kraljevstvo
Local time: 18:25
Član (2013)
engleski na kineski
+ ...

Moderator ovog foruma
SASEL Oct 26, 2014

QHE wrote:

David Lin wrote: eye contact and smilies

Speaking of "facial expression", what do you think about the
dark green "laughing" smilie ?


David,
I would like to call it : 广告式渲染形环保大笑


Sounds good! The direct translation into English is "Sensationalistic Ad Style Eco Laugh or "SASEL" in short, LOL.

Green shows that the character is violent, impulsive and lacks restraint.


This matches perfectly my understanding of the usual meaning of Green on a human "face" in traditional Chinese context.

Another association of green face is with "beast" as in 水浒传英雄 “青面兽” 杨志。

Pretty negative really when the colour is applied to a human face.


[Edited at 2014-10-26 21:49 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

David Lin  Identity Verified
Ujedinjeno Kraljevstvo
Local time: 18:25
Član (2013)
engleski na kineski
+ ...

Moderator ovog foruma
中 标 Oct 26, 2014

jyuan_us wrote:

David Lin wrote:

諾貝爾奨的挑選,據我一個在裡面當評選的北歐朋友說,他們基本上在世界各國的每一個領域中,都有相關連系人或機構向他們推介候選人。由於他們都是非常熟悉行業創新性及其趨勢,所以得奬者基本上都能反映現代潮流以及對世界人類所帶來的重要性及可能之改變。


http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_organizations/nobelmuseum/


那下一年都找你推荐吧,中标率一定会高。


不妨试试看。 中了标以后或可省回更新个人履历的烦琐。


Direct link Reply with quote
 
QHE
Sjedinjene Američke Države
Local time: 13:25
engleski na kineski
+ ...
POKRETAČ TEME
Cultural Color Oct 27, 2014

Cultural Meanings of Color and Color Symbolism
http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/cultural-color.html

With the advent of the World Wide Web, there is a narrowing of the differences in meanings of colors between different cultures and countries; however, if you are marketing to a particular ethnic group it is wise to take into account their color associations to maximise your impact. By mixing appropriate amounts of different colours however you can often neutralize inherent negative cultural connotations. ...


Meaning in Color
http://markedbydesign.net/blog/meaning-in-color/

Green

In Western nations, green is the color of environmental awareness, spring, new birth, going, Christmas, St. Patricks Day. In Ireland specifically, green is the national color, and is also the color of Catholicism. In The United states, green is also the color of money!

*** *** ***

St. Patrick Green Face



Wally the Green Monster
(official mascot for the Boston Red Sox)







[Edited at 2014-10-27 03:09 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-10-28 01:28 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
ysun  Identity Verified
Sjedinjene Američke Države
Local time: 12:25
engleski na kineski
+ ...
Nomination and Selection
 of Nobel Laureates Oct 27, 2014

David Lin wrote:

不妨试试看。 中了标以后或可省回更新个人履历的烦琐。

先看看这个,再来探讨有无走后门的可能:
http://www.nobelprize.org/nomination/

The Nobel Prize Committees 不是城管局。要是在城管局里有熟人,也许送点礼、请顿饭就可以让你在大街上立个足、摆个摊。


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Fargoer
Kanada
Local time: 11:25
engleski na kineski
不明白 Oct 27, 2014

David Lin wrote:
 Sounds good! The direct translation into English is "Sensationalistic Ad Style Eco Laugh or "SASEL" in short, LOL.
 


请教前辈,您这儿的 LOL 是什么意思? 


Direct link Reply with quote
 
ysun  Identity Verified
Sjedinjene Američke Države
Local time: 12:25
engleski na kineski
+ ...
“An apple a day keeps the attorney away” Oct 27, 2014

QHE wrote:

青面獠牙 can keep the doctor away!

http://www.wdgarch.com/perspectives/keeping-pace/exposing-the-structure-of-your-profession-contracts-the-ties-that-bind/
Grasping an apple in his right hand he looked around the room and said, “An apple a day keeps the attorney away.” Not to discount good oral health and hygiene, but the true take-away from this particular piece of advice spoken by Jeff Nees, WDG’s CFO, during the latest ESYP discussion is a reminder for architects to maintain a healthy degree of professional diligence and caution when it comes to contract documents.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

David Lin  Identity Verified
Ujedinjeno Kraljevstvo
Local time: 18:25
Član (2013)
engleski na kineski
+ ...

Moderator ovog foruma
LOL Oct 27, 2014

Fargoer wrote:

David Lin wrote:
 Sounds good! The direct translation into English is "Sensationalistic Ad Style Eco Laugh or "SASEL" in short, LOL.
 


请教前辈,您这儿的 LOL 是什么意思? 


前辈不敢当。是我一时贪快,用了早期互联网交流 (于 smilies 表情图标还未发明前)流行一时的感情表达缩写。LOL = Laughing Out Loud。

现在已被《牛津字典》收藏。 http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/LOL


Direct link Reply with quote
 
QHE
Sjedinjene Američke Države
Local time: 13:25
engleski na kineski
+ ...
POKRETAČ TEME
It's Possible Oct 27, 2014

ysun wrote:

David Lin wrote:
不妨试试看。 中了标以后或可省回更新个人履历的烦琐。

先看看这个,再来探讨有无走后门的可能:
http://www.nobelprize.org/nomination/

The Nobel Prize Committees 不是城管局。要是在城管局里有熟人,也许送点礼、请顿饭就可以让你在大街上立个足、摆个摊。


... to be nominated for Nobell Prize, 有门儿 (even it’s No Bell)!


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Fargoer
Kanada
Local time: 11:25
engleski na kineski
还是不明白 Oct 27, 2014

David Lin wrote:

Fargoer wrote:

David Lin wrote:
 Sounds good! The direct translation into English is "Sensationalistic Ad Style Eco Laugh or "SASEL" in short, LOL.
 


请教前辈,您这儿的 LOL 是什么意思? 


前辈不敢当。是我一时贪快,用了早期互联网交流 (于 smilies 表情图标还未发明前)流行一时的感情表达缩写。LOL = Laughing Out Loud。

现在已被《牛津字典》收藏。 http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/LOL


以前我“小声地”向您请教问题,您说用文字交谈无论大声小声是没有分别的。那为什么“大声笑”和“小声笑”就可以区别呢? LOL .


Direct link Reply with quote
 

David Lin  Identity Verified
Ujedinjeno Kraljevstvo
Local time: 18:25
Član (2013)
engleski na kineski
+ ...

Moderator ovog foruma
区 别 Oct 28, 2014

Fargoer wrote:

David Lin wrote:

Fargoer wrote:

David Lin wrote:
 Sounds good! The direct translation into English is "Sensationalistic Ad Style Eco Laugh or "SASEL" in short, LOL.
 


请教前辈,您这儿的 LOL 是什么意思? 


前辈不敢当。是我一时贪快,用了早期互联网交流 (于 smilies 表情图标还未发明前)流行一时的感情表达缩写。LOL = Laughing Out Loud。

现在已被《牛津字典》收藏。 http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/LOL


以前我“小声地”向您请教问题,您说用文字交谈无论大声小声是没有分别的。那为什么“大声笑”和“小声笑”就可以区别呢? LOL .


你觉得现在有区别吗?为什么我还是觉得一点区别都没有?

我只看到屛幕出现三个字 “大声笑” 或 “小声笑”。

没有听到声音,如何区别?

Haha haha ROFL


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Fargoer
Kanada
Local time: 11:25
engleski na kineski
有点明白了 Oct 28, 2014

David Lin wrote:

Fargoer wrote:

David Lin wrote:

Fargoer wrote:

David Lin wrote:
 Sounds good! The direct translation into English is "Sensationalistic Ad Style Eco Laugh or "SASEL" in short, LOL.
 


请教前辈,您这儿的 LOL 是什么意思? 


前辈不敢当。是我一时贪快,用了早期互联网交流 (于 smilies 表情图标还未发明前)流行一时的感情表达缩写。LOL = Laughing Out Loud。

现在已被《牛津字典》收藏。 http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/LOL


以前我“小声地”向您请教问题,您说用文字交谈无论大声小声是没有分别的。那为什么“大声笑”和“小声笑”就可以区别呢? LOL .


你觉得现在有区别吗?为什么我还是觉得一点区别都没有?

我只看到屛幕出现三个字 “大声笑” 或 “小声笑”。

没有听到声音,如何区别?

Haha haha ROFL


您在用文字交谈时,还要用耳朵听。 厉害! 

那您能听到 LOL 吗? 我的耳朵不行,听不到。惭愧!


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Fargoer
Kanada
Local time: 11:25
engleski na kineski
更惭愧 Oct 28, 2014

David Lin wrote:

 Haha haha ROFL


这个就更厉害了!需要有千里眼的本领才行!更惭愧了。 


Direct link Reply with quote
 
ysun  Identity Verified
Sjedinjene Američke Države
Local time: 12:25
engleski na kineski
+ ...
No Bell & No trespassing Oct 28, 2014

QHE wrote:

It's Possible
... to be nominated for Nobell Prize, 有门儿 (even it’s No Bell)!

Probably, the Bell was stolen by someone with his ears plugged. However, I still saw a warning sign as shown below in front of the gate:
http://www.dcvinylgraphics.com/product_images/j/912/ws012__57124_zoom.jpg

Of course, I am just kidding! Have a safe and happy Halloween!


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Stranica u temi:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147] >


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

泰晤士(TIMES)四合院儿

Advanced search






Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Pretraživanje pojmova
  • Poslovi
  • Forumi
  • Multiple search