Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Studio 2011 SP2R suddenly can't recognise XLS files!
Thread poster: Nick Quaintmere
Juan Nuño
Juan Nuño  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:53
English to Spanish
Thank you! Mar 9, 2017

It worked for me.

MICHIRU YABU wrote:

My way to work around this problem is;
- Open the Excel file then save it as XML spreadsheet 2003
- Open the XML spreadsheet in Trados and compete translation then save the translation file as XML spreadsheet
- Open the translation file (XML spreadsheet) in Excel then save it as Excel book.

There may be unwanted lines produced in Trados but it is the best way I figured out for now.

If there are many words which do not need to be translated contained in the source file, I recommend to extract only what needs to be translated to a new file to use in Trados.

My work setting is;
- Windows 10
- Trados Studio 2011 SP2
- MS Office 2016

I hope it helps a bit.

AaronArthur
AaronArthur
Local time: 08:53
Japanese to English
Thanks! Jun 23, 2022

MICHIRU YABU wrote:

My way to work around this problem is;
- Open the Excel file then save it as XML spreadsheet 2003
- Open the XML spreadsheet in Trados and compete translation then save the translation file as XML spreadsheet
- Open the translation file (XML spreadsheet) in Excel then save it as Excel book.

There may be unwanted lines produced in Trados but it is the best way I figured out for now.

If there are many words which do not need to be translated contained in the source file, I recommend to extract only what needs to be translated to a new file to use in Trados.

My work setting is;
- Windows 10
- Trados Studio 2011 SP2
- MS Office 2016

I hope it helps a bit.

Michiru,

I realize your post is now 6 years old, but I just started having the same problem and your answer saved the day. Thanks!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 SP2R suddenly can't recognise XLS files!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »