Fargoer
Fargoer
Canada
Local time: 08:52
English to Chinese
倾斜 May 18, 2014

Loise wrote:

Fargoer wrote:

其实,合同中之所以使用“reasonable ” 这样的措辞,就是要规避繁琐的举证责任。也就是说,只要我可以合理推断存在这样的风险,我就有权中止合作。无需给出确凿无疑的证据。这是对控方有利的一种措辞。

这就是这句话让我皱眉头的地方了,我想象自己是签合同的一方:只要我可以合理推断存在这样的风险,就有权中止合作。分明是让“我”占便宜的条款。若换了位置:只要对方可以合理推断存在这样的风险,就有权中止与我的合作——那我得好好地考虑是否同意这样的条款,是否要请求换个字眼。

[Edited at 2014-05-18 09:37 GMT]

合同保护交易双方的利益,双方权利应该平等。但现实中保护买家的利益和保护卖家的利益困难程度有很大差别。对于卖家来讲,只要按时收到货款就万事大吉。但买家的利益则有很多晦暗不清的地方。货品质量的辨别需要一定的时间和条件。所以合同上向买家偏斜往往是必要的,卖家也心甘情愿。譬如,我们在商店买电器,商家会做出一定期限内无理由退货的承诺。这似乎对商家不公平。但商家也情愿这样做,因为消费者利益得到充分保障,买得放心,才会放心地买。

[Edited at 2014-05-18 11:54 GMT]

Loise
Loise
France
Local time: 16:52
French to Chinese
+ ...
同意:) May 18, 2014

Fargoer wrote:

Loise wrote:

Fargoer wrote:

其实,合同中之所以使用“reasonable ” 这样的措辞,就是要规避繁琐的举证责任。也就是说,只要我可以合理推断存在这样的风险,我就有权中止合作。无需给出确凿无疑的证据。这是对控方有利的一种措辞。

这就是这句话让我皱眉头的地方了,我想象自己是签合同的一方:只要我可以合理推断存在这样的风险,就有权中止合作。分明是让“我”占便宜的条款。若换了位置:只要对方可以合理推断存在这样的风险,就有权中止与我的合作——那我得好好地考虑是否同意这样的条款,是否要请求换个字眼。

[Edited at 2014-05-18 09:37 GMT]

合同保护交易双方的利益,双方权利应该平等。但现实中保护买家的利益和保护卖家的利益困难程度有很大差别。对于卖家来讲,只要按时收到货款就万事大吉。但买家的利益则有很多晦暗不清的地方。货品质量的辨别需要一定的时间和条件。所以合同上向买家偏斜往往是必要的,卖家也心甘情愿。譬如,我们在商店买电器,商家会做出一定期限内无理由退货的承诺。这似乎对商家不公平。但商家也情愿这样做,因为消费者利益得到充分保障,买得放心,才会放心地买。

[Edited at 2014-05-18 11:54 GMT]

Alan Wang
Alan Wang  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 22:52
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That explains a lot. May 18, 2014

Thanks for the link.
But I did not come up with such a wording. I told the client that I think "postal decision" is short for a decision reached by postal vote, and i have translated accordingly. (以邮寄投票方式作出决议).
"so the postal procedure was not initiated", 只是译为“未启动相关程序”。

汉语中,相关这两个字真的很方便,适当用用有好处。只要不像那些同声传译大神那样,使用的过多,以至于一句话
... See more
Thanks for the link.
But I did not come up with such a wording. I told the client that I think "postal decision" is short for a decision reached by postal vote, and i have translated accordingly. (以邮寄投票方式作出决议).
"so the postal procedure was not initiated", 只是译为“未启动相关程序”。

汉语中,相关这两个字真的很方便,适当用用有好处。只要不像那些同声传译大神那样,使用的过多,以至于一句话中,除了这两个字,几乎听不出其他意思。

Fargoer wrote:
根据您给出的上下文,我猜这里的“postal decision” 是“信函决定书(或裁定书)”,而“postal precedure”是“函告程序”(大概是起草决定书、送交邮局投递、存档备案等程序吧?)。

参考下面链接中关于“postal decision”的说明。

http://www.patas.gov.uk/tmaadjudicators/tmayourhearing.htm

[Edited at 2014-05-18 11:24 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-05-18 11:26 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation is approximation by guesstimation

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »