Julio Torres
Julio Torres
Mexico
Local time: 09:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 12, 2009

Hi all,

I'm using Idiom Desktop Workbench (v. 9.0.1.49) and I tried to open a project. The computer shows me the message "Unsupported File type: .xlf Please choose another file".

I checked some facts about xlf files and I found the problem could be related to the Windows registry. I used a free software to repair the registry, but the problem still persists.

Does anybody know what the trouble is?

Thanks in advance

Julio

Boyan Brezinsky
Boyan Brezinsky  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 18:54
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Just zip it Nov 12, 2009

Use your favorite compressing program to zip the file. Rename the resulting file into something with the extension "xlz". Open in Idiom Desktop Workbench.
Don't expect too much though, because the Idiom XLIFF files contain some Idiom specific extensions. And if your file includes another vendor's extensions, it is almost certain that Idiom will simply disregard them.

Julio Torres
Julio Torres
Mexico
Local time: 09:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 20, 2009

Thank you for your help Boyan. I tried to zip and unzip the file but It didn't work. I think is something related to the original file (Excel) because I tried with other file packed from Word and everything is OK.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Idiom doesn't read xlf file

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »