Susanne Gansloser-Hartmann
Susanne Gansloser-Hartmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:27
Member (2009)
English to German
Nov 17, 2009

Windows XP

After updating Java, by clicking on the Java update button that automatically appears from time to time, I wanted to access the google.de site and the following message appeared:

PureSight Notification

You have reached this page because the PureSight installation on your computer seems to be corrupted. It appears that some files were deleted or an uninstall process was not completed properly.

Q: What do I do at this point?
... See more
Windows XP

After updating Java, by clicking on the Java update button that automatically appears from time to time, I wanted to access the google.de site and the following message appeared:

PureSight Notification

You have reached this page because the PureSight installation on your computer seems to be corrupted. It appears that some files were deleted or an uninstall process was not completed properly.

Q: What do I do at this point?

A: Please re-install PureSight PC and un-install it by using the regular process on Add/Remove programs from the Control panel of your computer.

Q: What is PureSight? I have never installed it, is this some sort of hijack of my browser or a kind of illegal action?

A: No.
PureSight is a Content Filtering technology provider. We are an established company in our industry.

We provide content filtering solutions; also known as parental control or child protection; to help network administrators or parents manage the content Internet users' access from their computers.

Our technology is incorporated in many security solutions and applications, some of them are not branded as "PureSight". You may have installed one of those, and then removed it in an incomplete way.

Q: Ok, So what now?

A: Did you install or remove any security applications lately which might have included a parental control or a filtering service?

If so, please contact your application provider. Their support teams will help you locate and fix this problem.

What can I do? All other Internet sites can be accessed, only google does not work any more.

Thanks and best regards,

Susanne
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PureSight Notification, Java Update, Google cannot be accessed any more

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »